ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What has become of YouTube?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Sorry for the rant, but upon trying to upload a video to Youtube today. I can't help but tear my hair out and scream "Where did it all go wrong!"

Normally, I use Vimeo. The free account allows me to upload up to 500MB a week, at a maximum of 720p. This is fine for most of the stuff I dick around with. It has a nice interface, and usually the videos look a lot less washed out than they do on Youtube.

So, as I was saying. I was trying to upload my 2013 Highlights video to Youtube. First problem, you have to make the file to Youtubes EXACT standards for HD. Now I usually let iMovie/FinalCut or whatever do this for me. But since I was using Premiere Pro for the first time, I did have to look around before I got the right settings. This is only a minor annoyance, as Vimeo I imagine has similar limitations.

However, once uploaded, the video stays in 360p for what feels like ages. And while you're frantically googling and trying to work it out, hey presto its suddenly 1080p. Uh, okay. Next problem? COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. OH MY GOD YOUR VIDEO HAS A f**king SONG IN IT HOW SHITTING DARE YOU. BLOCKED. BLOCKED IN THE UK AND IRELAND. So bloody what? Its a video of me and some mates dicking around (mostly). This is what your website was built on?!

So thats it now, despite the clunky "Dispute" system that video is now blocked and there is f**k ALL I can do about it (other than go upload it on Vimeo). And this is just the tip of the wankstain iceburg that is Youtube as we enter 2014.

ADVERTS.

Adverts f**king everywhere. Even adblock struggles to navigate around them most of the time, a tantalising 2 seconds of your video plays before some smiley **** trying to sell you f**king s**t you don't need pops up blocking the whole thing. f**k THE f**k OFF!

Google +

No, stop trying to force feed us this s**t. For reasons I cant quite fathom, I now have a Youtube account linked to my Google + with absolutely f**k all on it, and I also have my original youtube channel? NOBODY WANTS IT GOOGLE GO AWAY.

Basically, Its a resounding "f**k Off" from me. I can happily wait for Vimeo to process mine as I know it's not a nob about things.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
As for the adverts, I have noticed an increase in the adverts you can’t skip before videos, which is highly frustrating. They’ve gone advert mad frankly, just so that somebody can make about 2 pence in a year. The only channels worth having adverts for are ones with thousands and thousands of subscribers.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
The strange linking to google+ is tre annoying i agree

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
After your last video I'm not surprised they blocked it.

copyright infringement was just an excuse to save telling you its s**t!

Swift Sport
I agree that YouTube is crap now... Especially the pre-video adverts that you can't skip, and the pop-up ones that always seem to appear at the worst moment. It's a shame you can't check a song first for infringement rights, so that you didn't spend ages editing a video only to find the YouTube has said no.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Firefox & AdBlockPlus completely removes all in-video ads from Youtube. And ironically when CS had its ad-epidemic, ABP completely stopped all of them, without the pages being any slower to load. just like browsing CS normally.

Youtube needs to c**t off with the Google+ s**t.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah, I have adblock. But since upgrading MacBooks, Im using Safari again... and AdBlock doesn't work properly on it (f**k).

As for the video, well if you look in General Automotive its there for your pleasure Jaff.