ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What has happened to this roof

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
I know it isn't a Clio and isn't technically about detailing yet but I thought it'd be most relevant here as I'm considering a PC polisher and along with my car, might go over my parents car (which I think we're selling this year finally) so they can pay for a bit of the initial cost.

Think it's probably a fairly simple answer, it just doesn't look like it'd take too well to being pced.

The car is an Espace from late 95 so bit long in the tooth. Was rather good green Metallic paint back in the day but it's old now and nobody can be bothered to do more than give it a sponge down every few months.

(not a brilliant pic but you can see the difference in tones, the roof feels rough to touch as well)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Get a strong polish like Meguiars Diamond Cut and a hard cutting pad and you'll get a lot of your shine back on it - although the clearcoat may have started coming away - it had on one of my mum's colleagues Espace.

106 GTi
Just looks oxidised. No need to hit it with anything as serious as Diamond Cut, Autoglym Super Resin or Klasse AIO by hand will do a good job a cleaning it up by hand.