ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Fitted my armrest, new centre caps (post wheel refurb), new wheel nut covers and done the flapper mod. =D

Also connected the battery and started the track Cup for the first time in five months.

8E994993-43C0-4C18-B55A-2EF61617DC0F.jpg

5B55F4AC-419C-4359-80F1-63E3AB3CC361.jpg

F58D468A-4602-4F07-B3AE-451B062D268B.jpg

Cup In bits
Yeah its got cams, I have been told the belt was done in 2012 but I have no proof so I would rather just do it myself and paint the rocker cover at the same time. I like taking new cars to bits, I know its done then and I might find a few more ponies that should be there but aren't.

Just two just now Gaz, I sold 2013's track car to my pal last year lol.

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
Me too Chi, but it goes well as is really, it comes alive right up near redline. Yeah it 'should' need mapped but it really depends if there is anything wrong, the timing had been checked by a reliable source previously, its probably just the cam and ITB combo that's making it lack a bit bit I'll go through everything so I'm happy :)

The golfs looking good .GAZ.

Gave it a good clean, and by good clean I mean wheels, two bucket wash and dried. There's no point going mental when it'll be filthy again tomorrow.

Took the amp out for the rear speakers, it doesn't make much difference and I miss the boot space.

Looking forward to getting subframes and side mounts so I can get both buckets in, and start stripping the rear.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ready to take the head off tomo.

Pile of bits ready to be powder coated in sliver.

20140216_173835_zps0e0b4405.jpg

172 Turbo
Today I found out that I have rear shocks fitted by a manufacturer that makes standard clio shocks but nothing for the 172 range...

RB Clio 182
Gave the exterior a very good clean after over a month of dirt gathering.

Ive noticed a few new tiny stone chips on the alloys, one on the bonnet and three on my front bumper!

The car didnt have one the last time i washed it :(

Fitted vinyl gear knob decals from n2grafix on eBay to my freshly painted insert. Insert was LY when I bought it but decided to try black with yellow decals. It's turned out ok. 3 coats of lacquer on top too. Still needs to be buffed up but will leave cure for few more days first.

huma4ure.jpg

dan's cast offs.
bought cat, fitted cat, took for mot, passed mot, back to garage and took cat off:approve:

nice bonus though, found out the mileage is a genuine 72,000.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Walked down the garden to check it was still there and that it started after 3 weeks.

e4yru4u7.jpg

It was and it did.