ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Washed and clay barred the whole thing, comes up pretty good really. Also the dodgy interior light has decided to start working when the doors open, I love French electrics they might fail for no reason but just sometimes they start working out of the blue.

Attachments

• 20190330_151154.jpg
    20190330_151154.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 284
  Clio 172 ph2
I have finally instaled my fatty induction with the ram air filter and the silicone tubes and it sounds like a beast, love it. I didn't appreciate any engine change while driving.

Next mod: front Skoda lip.

Rusty Cup
Re-did the timing on my 172 Cup! All went well and she's running well again.

I suspected the timing had slipped as it was running rough on cold start. Low and behold the exhaust cam was out a good 5-10 degrees the inlet was out slightly as well.

It is the first time ive tried to time a clio with the engine in so things where tighter than i was used to but in the end my biggest gripe was not being able to use my flywheel locking tool. Jamming a screw driver in the bell housing just seemed dodgy but it worked.

Fingers crossed the timing holds for a while!!

BMW 320d SE
Oil and filter change, cabin filter change and front caliper overhaul to check the sliders were working well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monaco 172
Drove it to work quite spiritedly to check that nothing fell off or broke after changing the clutch.

It's like a new car, light as a feather, would definitely reccomend anybody with a high mileage Clio to do it

997.1, Caddy, e208
Fitted new discs to the m235i. I learned it has spacers, one of which was completely welded on, 10 minutes one side, 2 hours the next.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Had all belts, dephaser, waterpump etc replaced on my Flamer along with a wheel bearing. Goes well now!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Did a bit more bay restoration

Attachments

• 20190426_122450.jpg
    20190426_122450.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 396
  • 20190426_181759.jpg
    20190426_181759.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 421

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Had new genuine inner tie rods and track rod ends fitted whilst it was in for it’s MOT.

Annoyingly they failed it on the cat being missing, before fitting it as they’d been asked...

BMW 320d SE
Parked up on a hill this morning. Pulled up the handbrake. Felt something snap, then the handbrake lever went way up. Snapped the offside cable right by the caliper.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Belts, waterpump and oil change done today by the legend that is bloke, thanks again Sir and I'd highly recommend his services and will no doubt use again... probably sooner than I think!!

I now need to sort out a handbrake niggle, hoping it's not a Karlos above! spent enough for the time being thanks.

BMW 320d SE
Changed both handbrake cables. What a little sod of a job that was!
Pagid one for the nearside, OEM for the offside.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Changed speedo sensor ( 2 min job once you find it)
Changed gearbox oil (Not as bad as I thought)
Changed broken band clamp nr Backbox
Fitted black sunstrip and Renaultsport decal

Lots jacking up and down

Favourite:

Fitted "You are now playing Catch the Clio" decal on rear window :)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Fitted a new bonnet, not perfect but much better than my faded, dented and scratched one and free too!

Replaced the rearview mirror, I took the old one off by popping the ball joint out - easy I thought! However refitting the old one without pulling the rain sensor apart to get the arm out wasnt so easy. Bit of a think and I came up with this method.

Attachments

• 20190512_144829.jpg
    20190512_144829.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 336
  Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Got round too colour coding front trim and fitted 3d plates, just want too de-wiper and do a exterior Matte black sunstrip then think I'm done, thinking of getting a display pass for a local car show as it's a reasonably rare car in fair condition for age, what do people think? Don't want too make a fool of myself
IMAG0115_1.jpg

Decided to try and sort out the sticky center console and before I knew it, half the car was in pieces :cool:

And while the battery was disconnected, why not take that out and do a bit of cleaning.

Finally, for sprinting I need to be able fit a timing blade, so fitted some hidden rivnuts to make it easy to bolt it on/off.

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

BMW 320d SE
Two Avon ZV7s fitted to the 182 today. Popped them on the rear so I guess I won’t get a good feel for how good they are until they get moved to the front. Seem good so far though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Replaced the drivers side engine mount, gearbox selector bush (what a bas#@rd to get out) and return spring.

Also fitted a Richbrook gear knob to replace my melting sticky original.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Replaced the dephaser solenoid seal and changed the oil. Then I put a new rear number plate light assembly in and some new clips in the front grille.

I also noticed the drivers side lower ball joint is knackered, a job for next weekend.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Is it tricky to do yourself?

Only 3 bolts on them, I’ve ordered some Lemforder ones so will do both sides. Trickiest part is getting the ball joint out of the hub, but a ball joint splitter (or hammer) will make easy work of it.

I also gave both sides a good soaking in penetrating oil today and will do it again before tackling them.

Well, after my schoolboy error of not putting the oil filler cap on properly, losing it and giving the engine bay a nice oil bath, today was all about cleaning up the mess. Actually, it wasn't too bad and gave me the excuse to get it up on axle stands and have a good look around underneath.

The bonus was fitting some new seats.

IMG_3248.jpeg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

182 clio
this week I had to change water pump.
Was starting to make noise. Turns out it was original unit @ 116k not to bad. Ordered 1 off fleabay due to it being so cheap and it was a unipart pump 13quid posted. On arrival I found that they had sent the wrong pump ?.
was refunded and told just to keep the pump. I then done a search on Euro car parts and with discount code I got one for 16.81.
What a pain to get the bolts out space is limited few grazed knuckles later all fitted.
new tyre aswell just a budget brand 38.03 fitted from tyreshopper and was fitted at local national branch.
Mot to To go now.
headlight washer pump.
rear wiper arm and blade.
still to be fitted