ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Headlight bulbs

one of my bulbs has gone in my 172 cup so am after a new set, what would you recomend thats really good but stll legal>?

Klang1.6 said:
one of my bulbs has gone in my 172 cup so am after a new set, what would you recomend thats really good but stll legal>?

phillips blue visions also ok ...u can get better though;)

Vee dub
Silverstars won the Autocar test.. but it appears no-one is listening anyway

rolls eyes

Vee dub
I have a MK1.. no blue tint on the silverstar main beam bulbs but they do some sidelight bluey/white ones.....

literally 50% more of the road is lit up for me...

how can i be sure i dont buy the wrong ones has i dont have the xenons but it says that on the description on the web site. the full fat 172 has em yeah? am confused. also its H1 lights?

Fabia vRS
Osram silverstar for me too!!

got them from www.startledrabbit.com

fitted in Mk2 phase 1, not twin optics though bulb type is H4.

Think the twin optics and Mk2 Ph2's use H1 and H7??

made quite a difference I reckon to my night vision-got a free LED keyring when I ordered mine too.

Silverstars all the way, wouldn't be without them. Blue/HID effect lights may look pretty but they don't offer anywhere near the same level of light, I will happily accept safety over looks any day of the week (although the Silverstars aren't exactly shabby in this department). Order from Powerbulbs and you get some nice sidelights free too iirc.

Similar situation with indicators, Silvervisions are the bulb of choice for most but they really aren't up to scratch imo, not nearly enough light emitted (been known to fail MOT too), I use Osram Diadems and as well as looking great they are indistinguishable from regular indicators.