ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What HiFi?

Black Gold Meggy 225
Looking at replacing my CD player and Amp. From arcam to cyrus.

Has anyone got a Cyrus Hifi?

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Arcam and Cyrus are a very different sound. Cyrus is forward and detailed, Arcam is very smooth. It depends on the type of music you listen to as to what's best. I suspect you want Cyrus due to the mag reviews, which are all crap, I might add.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
with the money u would upgrade with, bi amping would prove maybe a better change and better sound quality

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Yeh, Naim is great but an acquired taste!

Completely different to Arcrap!

Don't bi-amp; just get a decent amp..

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
but bi amping would be better than a decent amp woudlnt it? within reason unless he went ot get a chord amp

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
but bi amping would be better than a decent amp woudlnt it? within reason unless he went ot get a chord amp

Not really. To generalise... two £500 amps or one decent £1k amp - I'd rather have the more expensive one, as it's likely better quality components are used...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i guess so but arent u seperating the power out and getting more control with two?

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
i guess so but arent u seperating the power out and getting more control with two?

There are pro's and con's. Some speaker co's only allow single wiring as they don't belive in bi-wiring/amping. In theory the cones could be out of phase using sep. amps as the resistance/impedance over each cone differs.

It's pre/power that's separating the power section, which I think you might mean.