ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What i spend my Summer shooting

BG Clio 182
I am a very keen airshow goer and spend most of the Summer going to as many airshows as i can. I love the challenge of shooting aircraft and really enjoy nailing a perfect shot. Here are a few that i took last year:

Havent seen any airshow snappers on here. Hope they are of interest thanks for looking:

5929438313_1edfb1d855_b.jpg

P-40B by Tim Spicer Photography, on Flickr

5938190144_084f8067be_b.jpg

P-51 Ferocious Frankie by Tim Spicer Photography, on Flickr

6066408085_c10c69d9de_b.jpg

B-17 by Tim Spicer Photography, on Flickr

6066742764_e5698137c4_b.jpg

Extra Aerobatics by Tim Spicer Photography, on Flickr

6123909459_fa05e8bc4c_b.jpg

And Away by Tim Spicer Photography, on Flickr

6241876836_0541b1efa5_b.jpg

Eagle by Tim Spicer Photography, on Flickr

6593544793_9d0501b185_b.jpg

Stars of the Summer by Tim Spicer Photography, on Flickr

work for BMW
wow, incredible shots mate. you must have an expensive camera .. cant do this on my iphone4 :p

That F22 (?) first picture is bloody amazing. I also try & go to Fairford airshow every year and have just got my first DSLR so am hoping to get a telephoto before it's on this year :)

Petrol Blue 182.
B-17 is amazing, one of my favorite aircraft, great shots there!

I'm hoping to go toa few airshows this year, farnborough is only 5 mins down the road from me. would be rude not to go really.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Your shots are fantastic, well done :approve: (keep them coming!)

I took a few shots back at Yeovilton Air Day, so much potential for good pics but unfortunately I didn't have a camera with manual focus, and auto ISO :dapprove:

DSCF1409.jpg

DSCF1401.jpg

DSCF1392.jpg

One day, I will return with a proper camera and get those shots.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Awesome shots mate, I tried pushing my Sigma 70-300mm lens last September at the Portrush airshow over here
-the good old Irish weather didn't help much with the light but I have a few shots up here in a thread somewhere that I could call useable :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great shots fella, I've only ever shot at Farnborough a few years back. Really enjoyed it, 200mm wasn't enough though.

4898892922_d17c9a7561_z.jpg

4898889228_37a9a0d55c_z.jpg

Attachments

• 4898892922_d17c9a7561_z.jpg
    4898892922_d17c9a7561_z.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 55
  White APE
Great shots. Do you use any filters?

Got any tips when shooting grey planes against the sky as thats usually where my shot fail. Just get no definition on the plane.

BG Clio 182
Great shots. Do you use any filters?

Got any tips when shooting grey planes against the sky as thats usually where my shot fail. Just get no definition on the plane.

I dont use any filters, other that the skylight filter to protect the glass. I use Evaluative metering and then just use exposure compensation to keep up with the changing light levels. I just keep an eye on the histogram and change accordingly.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I don't use a filter, and never have.

If you look after your equipment then a filter is not needed IMO, just an exta thing that could deter the quality of a photo.

Amazing shots man. "And away" is my favourite - incredible. There was a very similar pic in 'Digital SLR' magazine last month that made it onto the featured entries page. Yours is better. ;)

BG Clio 182
I don't use a filter, and never have.

If you look after your equipment then a filter is not needed IMO, just an exta thing that could deter the quality of a photo.

True but i dont seem to notice any noticeable drop in quality. Plus i've had a filter save a lens on me before when my bag fell off a chair smashed the filter but left the lens perfectly intact.