ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is it with 172 cup prices?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
They are the best of the 2.0 clios. I wouldn't let mine go for less than £5k and its tatty with 120k on the clock.
Tbh Rs owners have been under pricing their cars for years. Good on those for asking strong cash for their cars.
Tbh the vw lot have been over pricing crap ltd editions for years. Golf edition 30 anyone?
Dont worry mate I don't think you'd have to worry about it going anywhere 😂

Clio 172 Cup
I have had loads of cars and in all honesty my cup is one the best I have owned not the quickest by any means but overall handling ect and I love the colour I keep looking at other cars but what I have invested into the cup makes me want to keep it

The cups are definitely going up in value now, or should I say, going up in asking price....

Whether that is due to the recent hype surrounding the clios on Pistonheads or the time people have on their hands with being locked down but a lot of people saying they are on the hunt for a RS clio and I can remember deliberating when I was looking r.e. boggo 172 or cup but knew when the right cup cropped up that I had to have it and was willing to pay a bit more than the 172 for it.

I wouldn't let that car go now for less than £4K and even then it would take some convincing.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I’ve had both a 172 cup and trophy and an e46 m3. I seem to sell them as prices bottom out😂. Every one of them has been sold on after me either the same price or higher with more miles.

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Advertising for strong money is one thing, but selling it is another.
Agree with this, Impreza P1's are advertised for unbelievably stupid money but whether they sell is another matter all together. The 22B's were going through the roof for a short spell but appear to be coming down but still way too high.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Wish I never sold my 172 cup, one of my favourite cars.
Paid £800 for it in 2015, spent £500 on it and many man hours. Sold it mid 2016 with 120k for nearly £2,500, was properly mint too.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
the cup in the classifieds on here was bought for £1600 on ebay iirc was one owner car and needed work, its been tidied up belts etc and now up for £4500 on ebay, looks a nice one.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Agree with this, Impreza P1's are advertised for unbelievably stupid money but whether they sell is another matter all together. The 22B's were going through the roof for a short spell but appear to be coming down but still way too high.
fresh import 22b with 17k on it just listed on ebay for £105k, so maybe not coming down after all. lol you would be mental to pay that for an impreza tbh. especially when you can get a mint type r or type ra for £15k

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Was offered a type r for £2.5k in 2008 when the economy was s**t, needed an interior as it was stripped ready for a track conversion but owner lost his job, unfortunately I was also skint and not sure was happening with my job so left it.

I give it to nearer the end of the year before all the "toys" are for sale on ebay by people that are struggling financially

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
fresh import 22b with 17k on it just listed on ebay for £105k, so maybe not coming down after all. lol you would be mental to pay that for an impreza tbh. especially when you can get a mint type r or type ra for £15k

You crazy??
It maybe 105k now but in 20years its will have doubled if not tripled in price. The ultimate of all the Impreza, full stop. This was the pinical of the WRC Subaru era with Colin at the wheel driving like a nutter.
Type R or P1 is a cheapmans version.

I had a TypeRA brilliant car but only a shadow of the 22b

You crazy??
It maybe 105k now but in 20years its will have doubled if not tripled in price. The ultimate of all the Impreza, full stop. This was the pinical of the WRC Subaru era with Colin at the wheel driving like a nutter.

In 20 years time we might just have paid back all the cheques the government has just written to us with our own cash, lol.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
You crazy??

If you say so. Prices now are stupidly inflated especially in the current climate of impending recession. Might be worth 105k in 20 years