ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is it?

Ph2 172
What is 'that' thing next to the gear stick? it looks like a jack plug socket? It's next to the gear shift gaiter on the passanger side.

What the hell is it!!!?

Nick.

PH1 172 Sport
Could possibly be where the LED for the alarm should be. The LED has probably fallen out of the holder. Lift up the gear gaitor and have a look.

Ph2 172
Could possibly be where the LED for the alarm should be. The LED has probably fallen out of the holder. Lift up the gear gaitor and have a look.

Ahh! That would make sense! come to think of it, it does look like a gromet of some sort. However, there's a flashing light on the instrument panel. Why would you have 2 LEDs? My alarm has the black motion snsors on the A pillars, is that normal? Could my alarm be after market?

It's A Reno
Mine has an LED next to the gear lever gaitor on the passenger side, which is for the alarm.
The one on the instrument panel is for the immobiliser.
Mine is a genuine Reno alarm and has motion sensors as you mentioned.

PH1 172 Sport
As said the one on the instrument panel is the immobiliser. They had to install a thatcham 1 alarm to the cars as soon as they come into the country and thats where they choose to put the LED. The alarm also has an immobiliser so you effectively have two!! Lift the gear gaitor up and you should be able to reach inside and replace the LED without taking everything apart.

Ph2 172
As said the one on the instrument panel is the immobiliser. They had to install a thatcham 1 alarm to the cars as soon as they come into the country and thats where they choose to put the LED. The alarm also has an immobiliser so you effectively have two!! Lift the gear gaitor up and you should be able to reach inside and replace the LED without taking everything apart.

Thanks for the info caister.

Does that mean my car is an import?

Nick.

ph1 172
every renault is imported from france!

no, all the 172's had the alarms added when they arrived in the uk

PH1 172 Sport
Imports dont have the alarm fitted, locking wheel bolts or security etched windows.

Although all of the Sports are technically imported an imported car is known as one that was not brought in by a renault dealer.