ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is my PC worth?

Williams 2, 182 cup
Recently my sister moved back home. The problem being is I was using her room as somewhere to keep my desktop computer. Now she has moved back I dont have anywhere suitable to keep my computer so I am now looking to get a laptop.

So I would like to know how much I can sell my computer for.

I bought it from PC world.
It is an E machines 3230.
Intel 2.80ghz,
80gb hard drive,
dvd+/-rw,
Over 1gb ram.
19" widescreen display,
Wireless mouse and webcam.

Any assistance appreciated.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
well depending on what intel it is might add a bit more but I'm thinking less than 250 tbh

Williams 2, 182 cup
It is a Pentium 4.

Where would be best advertis it?

I was looking for near £300.

Punto/Clio GTT
tbh you can pick up good specs brand new for around £300 now

id probably price up your bits seperatly on ebay and see what theyre going for.

if you dont want the hassle of stripping it then id go with billys valuation

Williams 2, 182 cup
When you say sell the bits separate. What parts would I be selling? I don't know a great deal about computers.

Punto/Clio GTT
when i split my gfs i sold

gfx card
cpu, heatsink and fan (your pentium)
ram
motherboard

threw away the case and psu as it wasnt any good.

if your psu is a good spec id sell that too.

Williams 2, 182 cup
Sorry, what is a PSU?

Roughly what would each of these parts be worth? I wouldn't want to take it all apart and still not get a lot for it.

Williams 2, 182 cup
The case is different but otherwise the spec is the same I have had the ram upgraded which is now over 1gb.

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
Sorry, what is a PSU?

Roughly what would each of these parts be worth? I wouldn't want to take it all apart and still not get a lot for it.

I wouldnt bother stripping it to be honest - if you dont know a great deal about computers it more hassle for you than its worth in the extra couple of £ for selling the seperate...

Try selling it as a complete package on ebay - maybe think of using a courier or stick to local pick up only.....

Even the post office will post computers - ive dont it a few times before aslong as the box isn't bigger than 1.5m by 3m i think they post regardless of the weight - i always use parcelforce then.

ALternatively just do an ebay serch the vairous hardware youve got i.e your monitor etc, like i said if you dont know how to remove the motherboard etc dont bother keep it together - but look at the complete listings for the monitor etc. You sohuld be able to way up then whether to split the set or sell it together.