ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what is that noise?

i have just fitted some 172 16's on my clio, and there seems to be a rubbing noise coming from the back, when i go around right bends it goes away? have felt all around the tyres and nothing seems to be touching it? also how close should the shocks be to the wheel?

Mazda MX5 1.8
yeah 5mm spacers needed iirc

someone will confirm but i seem to remember reading this on here somewhere sometime lol

so is it 5mm spacers i nee or is one on the werong way round, is there any size differrence between the 15s and 16s? obviousley i mean width

Black Clio 182
well im guessing they are rubbing while driving, might not be touching while still but in motion im sure they will be. nothing wrong with a bit of rubbage anyway lol :p

does any part of the tyre feel smoother or has it got a mark on where it might be rubbing?

well im guessing they are rubbing while driving, might not be touching while still but in motion im sure they will be. nothing wrong with a bit of rubbage anyway lol :p

does any part of the tyre feel smoother or has it got a mark on where it might be rubbing?

feels smooth all over, i can hear it inside because she is stripped out it sounds awfull, i think it is only one rear wheel though?

Black Clio 182
what sort of noise is it? does it sound like a tapping/grinding noise? could alway be your wheel bearing. jack the car up and spin the wheel around and see if you can hear any noise at all.

it only does that when im stopping, i though my arch liner was brok ans was flapping agains the wheel but its not, but when i go around right corners it stopps? lol

Black Clio 182
the going around corners could be that the wieght on that wheel isnt enough for it to rub but normal driving then its sitting on something and rubbing.

rip out the wheel arch lining. thats not needed anyway :p :D

problem solved, i cut the arch liner, it was rubbing one of the tyres, also cut my finger badley in the process lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
172 16" wheels on a non RS will more then likely need 5mm spacers on the back.

Its not so bad at standard ride height, but lower it at all and you will see problems.