ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what is this ’Trophy Kit’

Lee

BMW M2C

It will comprise all the parts required to have the Trophy suspension on a 182. It wont be cheap though.

I dont know how set in stone it is that they will release it though.

suppose you have to buy a new clio to have it fitted? or is it after market fitting?

because theres only 2 months left of production

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Klang1.6 on 15 August 2005

suppose you have to buy a new clio to have it fitted? or is it after market fitting?

because theres only 2 months left of production
Spares will be available.

Tbh if they did offer it as an aftermarket bolt on it would pay for the development of the dampers. but they may use them in the new rs, who knows!

The parts for the Trophy suspension will be available through a Dealer parts department. The kit planned is simply all of the required parts under 1 part number.

So now therell be even more versions of the 182 floating around? LOL

Can anyone say "182 with Cup packs with trophy suspension pack" or "182 Trophy Cup...Trophy Cup Cup Trophy"

Cue 30 pages of discussion about how the "Full Fat Trophy" is the best 182 :D

tiTTy & SV650

i thought there were no good coilovers available for 182 and the trophy is sorted but not too harsh for everyday driving? that appeals to me

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Trophy could do with being a bit lower :-(

The 182 differs from the 172 because of wider track and the suspension arms are mounted in a lower position on the hub carriers

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 15 August 2005

So now therell be even more versions of the 182 floating around? LOL

Can anyone say "182 with Cup packs with trophy suspension pack" or "182 Trophy Cup...Trophy Cup Cup Trophy"

Cue 30 pages of discussion about how the "Full Fat Trophy" is the best 182 :D
Shhhhhhhhhh!!!

You just know it will happen though hehehe

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont see the big deal.

A valver with a Williams conversion and Williams track isnt a Williams.

A 182 with Trophy suspension will always be just that, it wont be a Trophy.

Not that it matters, I bought mine for the drive, not for the little numbered plaque. lol

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 16 August 2005

Can i just give Renaults marketing dept a round of applause please!?

How to piss off yet more of your customers.

:p
I dont see why a Trophy owner should be pissed off. The parts have to be available. All that is planned is one part number for the suspension parts. Whats the problem ?

The Jinx

I was under the impression from the posts above that the kit included everything that was on the Trophy not just suspension.

I am now thinking of building a ph1 172/182/Cup/Trophy hybrid now though, I will admit.

I dont see the problem either really. Personally I wont be buying the kit, as my Cup is way better than my driving skills could ever exploit anyway. If this kit was going to be less than £1000 then I might consider it in the future, but it wont be, so I wont.

I was told by the YTS yoof in my local Renault dealer that the Trophy has a different steering rack than the 182 so you cant just change the suspension. Anyone know any better?

Quote: Originally posted by Tubbs on 17 August 2005

I was told by the YTS yoof in my local Renault dealer that the Trophy has a different steering rack than the 182 so you cant just change the suspension. Anyone know any better?
He should do some more training. The racks the same

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 17 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Tubbs on 17 August 2005I was told by the YTS yoof in my local Renault dealer that the Trophy has a different steering rack than the 182 so you cant just change the suspension.  Anyone know any better?[/QUOTE]He should do some more training.  The racks the same

In fairness jeremy, I think RenaultSport should do some more training for all the UK dealers. Sorry but it had to be said. Will we ever see dedicated RS service centres do you think dude? Genuine question, dont mean to annoy.

In fairness jeremy, I think RenaultSport should do some more training for all the UK dealers. Sorry but it had to be said. Will we ever see dedicated RS service centres do you think dude? Genuine question, dont mean to annoy.
Possibly. Definitely would like some.

VaVa

Dedicated RS centres would be superb. Its quite startling how little the dealers/salesmen seem know about the RS range.

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 17 August 2005
Hope this kit does emerge as it is the bit off the trophy that I really wanted.

same here, shouldnt mind the recaros also! :D

while Im at it Ill get a little plate with no.501 on :p