ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this noise on the video?

Titanium 182
Mine did a similar noise but mostly all the time at high acceleration. The wing mirror casing was loose and the air was getting inside causing a whistle, was pretty loud inside the car.

Try folding your mirrors in and seeing if it goes

BG Clio 182
Ah okay. This isn't my car or me by the way, vague thread. I have this exhaust and get a hint of this at about 5k, just wondering what it could be. I though wingmirrors possibly but don't think its this, could it be the exhaust at the engine end? The mani? Definitely not my cat join as that's been sorted and is excellent.

I had a noise for ages, sounded like a penny being span in a jar, I think it was a mixture of just the engine being a bit tappy in general, but eventually I found my cat to manifold bolts had rusted themselves together yet had no tension in the springs because the gasket had worn down over time hense they rattled about like s**t in the wind / due to the engine vibrations.

Might be an idea to check them out, I also put some silicone in the drivers mirror where the hole for the temp sensor is, that worked quite well.

Titanium 182
Ah okay. This isn't my car or me by the way, vague thread. I have this exhaust and get a hint of this at about 5k, just wondering what it could be. I though wingmirrors possibly but don't think its this, could it be the exhaust at the engine end? The mani? Definitely not my cat join as that's been sorted and is excellent.
Well my first 182 also had a very high pitch noise, more of a scream which was the exhaust. You could always get a garage to get the car in the end and check the whole system?

BG Clio 182
Well my first 182 also had a very high pitch noise, more of a scream which was the exhaust. You could always get a garage to get the car in the end and check the whole system?
I'm a thousand percent it's that it's really so quiet only I can hear it but I know it backwards lol. Off in for some upgrades shortly lol will get it looked at then :)

Titanium 182
I'm a thousand percent it's that it's really so quiet only I can hear it but I know it backwards lol. Off in for some upgrades shortly lol will get it looked at then :smile:
I know your pain, my family think I am crazy as I can always hear something they can't in cars... that's why I can live with a 182, everything makes noise so I know there's no point

BG Clio 182
I know your pain, my family think I am crazy as I can always hear something they can't in cars... that's why I can live with a 182, everything makes noise so I know there's no point
Hahaha. It's because I obsess over it lol. I'm a saddo I know but to me it's more than a clio lol. I love the little thing haha.

BG Clio 182
I had a noise for ages, sounded like a penny being span in a jar, I think it was a mixture of just the engine being a bit tappy in general, but eventually I found my cat to manifold bolts had rusted themselves together yet had no tension in the springs because the gasket had worn down over time hense they rattled about like s**t in the wind / due to the engine vibrations.

Might be an idea to check them out, I also put some silicone in the drivers mirror where the hole for the temp sensor is, that worked quite well.
A resolution to this my friend came about a couple of days ago. Was getting a whistling noise when the engine was under load and nearing say 4k rpm.

Turned out to be the cat to mani joint being knackered and rusted allowing air to escape. I would imagine that this would have even left me down on power, but I've got a new cat going on Wednesday and this will fix the issue so you were right all along ;)