ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Laptop???

Renault Clio 1.4
Yeah looks good for its money, powerful duel core 1.9Ghz x 2. a lot of memory, hard drive is an average size for a laptop.

What will u be using your laptop for? if your storing a lot of videos, music, pictures then would suggest a bigger hard drive (depending on how much of those things you have)

Hp are not a bad, i have a laptop from the pavilion range.

Clio 172 CUP
Thought it sounded good, yeah just for music an the internet really.

You ever had any problems with your laptop?

Only really wantin to change it becuase my PC is driving me round the bend, if ya throw too much at it it jus packs up and knocks off! only bout a 18 month old.

Renault Clio 1.4
yeah i knw what u mean same reason i got my laptop! lol, i have had no problems with mine so far... You can throw a lot of stuff at that laptop ur looking at and it should be able to handle it cuz its got 2GB memory, whats your comp got in it atm? is it 512mb?

Clio 172 CUP
2x 512mb ddr2 ram with intel pentium dual core processor runnin at 3.4ghz.
its incredibly noisy aswell. does my head in!

With that sort of spec i can't really understand what its problem is but someone was sain to me about overclocking the processor or something so that the processor speed is alot faster dunno if this would cause problems or not coz they said it sounded too fast for the time i bought it bout 18 month ago?
somebody made it up for me, wasn't bought out of a shop.

I took the processor speed and ram info off the ''view system information'' window in My Computer.

What dya think?

Renault Clio 1.4
sounds like you already have a decent enough system to do the things you want. Overclocking can be great but it puts the processor under more strain and therefore rumours have it that some PC's have set on fire because of the amount of heat it causes. This will not be the case on your PC so dont worry.

You thought about backing up ALL of your files that you need and wipeing the PC back to its original state?

Clio 172 CUP
Yeah have thought bout it, dya think it would stop the problems?

How do u completely wipe the system clean?

Ultra Red Clio 197
Laptops Direct regret that this product is sold out. Please call our laptop sales team on 0870 167 0818 for an equivalent model.

thats a bit of a b**ch!

Clio 172 CUP
Aye, was jus thinkin bout it for the minute! sure they'll be somewhere else, infact am quite sure there on play.com for £420 or something!

Renault Clio 1.4
you can download Tuneup Utilities off the net, thats a good prog to clear up all of the cr*p! let me know if u need a hand using it but im sure u will be fine, let me knw if u get it n if it works, its free for like 30 days, but there are ways around the free trial ;) lol

http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/

the links for the free trial is down the bottom, unlike some software the free trial offers full functioning of the prog!