ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Machine Polisher?

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Hiya guys... Probably we well discussed subject, but hey Im new give me chance! :)

Im looking to get myself a machine polisher so I can treat my Black Beaut to some TLC.

I know theres quite allot of detailing enthusiasts on here with some impressive finnishes, im slowly becoming a better detailer with the help of some of you folks.

Links etc are appretiated!

Cheers!

Bus w**ker
I've got a Kestrel DAS-6 which is dead easy to use, especially for a n00b, or you could get the Meguiars G220 or Porter Cable 7424 all of which are dual action so "safer". The PC will need a transformer though.

Or if you're feeling brave you could go straight to rotary such as Silverline or Kestrel SIM180.

i4detailing.co.uk is your best bet.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
i bought the kestrel das-6 this week, have never seen a polisher in action let alone used one before. but have just been in the garage to have a go on the petrol tank of my bike which was covered in scratches from my leathers and i've got to say after only half an hour just seeing how the machine worked i'm really pleased with the results so far.

edit to say i bought it from i4detailing, excellent service, really quick postage and it came with a few free samples

200 Gordini
Kestral SIM180 rotary here, not the best for a beginner but its not the paint eating demon people make out.

If you're new to paint corrections then the Kestral DAS 6 (Dual action) is the way forward. The megs g220 seems a bit hit and miss (mine broke btw)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Only issue with thie lark is i bought mine and have used it 3 times in over a year. Thinking back i would rather pay someone to do it for me!!

It takes ages and you have to tape all this stuff up and your arms get tired etc etc

Bus w**ker
Big girl :rasp: PMSL

I agree though, unless you have a few cars to do a machine polisher isn't always the best value for money.