ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What make are the 172 mk2 speakers

pull them out and have a look

think its only 2 x T10 torx screws holding them in

they are about 3WRMS

no im deadly serious

that is how crap they really are

ah well, couldnt remember what size they were

Im no where near my car at the moment, hence asking. I want to upgrade the fronts with components but dont want to spend too much money, trying to work out if the upgrade was worthy (changing the head/changer atm)

Well I dont want to spend a lot and I dont know what to look at, Id say around the £100 mark. If its not worth it for that then I wont bother. Volume and Bass is not really for me, its more the quality (Having said that Im playing MP3s and MDs through it - lol)

if youre afer quality youll have to have a bigger budget than that

having said that, some of the budget speakers from focal are of amazing quality for the price, then on op of that you have got JLs entry level and possibly if you can stretch your budget the genesis a15.01 (around £140) would be well worth a shout

If I buy genesis (cant find any online place selling them) then do they come with everything I need, or will I need to buy x-overs and wires (or use existing renault wires) ?

my a16.01s came with all the cables required

the crossovers will come as part of the package

ICE Direct can supply genesis kit, though not sure of their prices

if you contact sound supreme 01536 525511
- these are who i usually use, have give me pretty good prices on quite a lot of kit

in terms of quality - yes

they are the same size, though the depth is much bigger

and the constuction of them is flawless

on saying allthis, speak to evil ice, he has recently supplied a set of audiobahn components, which are quite decent in terms of quality for £100

Hmm, maybe I will get some at somepoint. Sounds worth spending a little bit more for something good. Think Ill just stay with the head/changer upgrade and see how I get one. Think Id like to update the fronts/rears at the same time so need to work some more before I can afford anything else.

Thx, T

theres no point getting those genesis speakers and running them off the head unit, they will sound no better than a set of £70 components running off the head unit,

look at the pioneer emotions if your running them from the head unit as they are quite sensitive (meaning it takes less power to make them loud)

to get the best out of the genesis comps you would need to give them at least 40 rms.

Ad