ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What make of wheels are these???

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Bought these tonight, no centre caps and cant find any indication of make. Wondered if anyone knew???

16inch x 7
Made in England.

Thats about all I can read in the dark.

Attachments

• 11121.jpg
    11121.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 75
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 72

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Not sure they'd even fit mate, but came with 2 nearly new Toyo's and 2 nearly new Continentals (195/45/16), so that was the main reason for buying them.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ahhh thats ah rite then, take the tyres off clean the alloys up take some pics and wak um on the bay

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I take it ali you don't think they'd suit a 172? Don't think they'd look bad, but like I said not sure if they would fit.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I think your right with team dynamic monzas.

Attachments

• monza.jpg
    monza.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 71

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Don't think Ali shares that opinion, thinks I should get rid. Well they need a good clean up as you can see and I think they have the same bolt spacing as a 172 (4x100) so if thats the case I will put them on and see what they look like.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Yeh I think you are right mate, just need some centre caps now?

Any ideas?? Tryed the bay, but nothing.

S4 Avant
They'll be team dynamic somethings, cus rimstock are the only company left, who make their own alloys in England. The factory's impressive to walk around tbh

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
So how old do you think these are, when did TD stop producing wheels in Uk.

I don't think they will look as good as standard 172 wheels either Ali.

S4 Avant
Team Dynamics, are made by Rimstock, who are still manufacturing in West Bromwich to this day. As for age of them, they could be anything from 10 months, to 10 years old. No way of telling unless you can find batch numbers etc... on them.

I'd recommend some lightweight alloys tbh, reduction in unsprung weight is good all round, the team dynamics pro race 1.2s are my prefered choice, but speedline offer a good range in lighweight alloys too.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Cheers for that Dave, good bit of knowledge.

I wouldn't mind some speedlines, but in terms of looks I think I'd have to go with the rest of the sheep and get some turinis!