ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cross compatible parts between mk2 ph2 non sports and the 172/182

Mk2 Renault Clio
Hi, just wondering what parts are cross compatible between the sport snd non sport models so i can broaden my searches for parts for my low power track build and in addition to that whether anyone makes any adapters to fit parts made for the sports onto the non- sports

Mk2 Renault Clio
Hi, just wondering what parts are cross compatible between the sport snd non sport models so i can broaden my searches for parts for my low power track build and in addition to that whether anyone makes any adapters to fit parts made for the sports onto the non- sports
Forgot to say its a 1.2 dynamique

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
As an owner of a 1.2 and a 172, no not really

Maybe suspension if you want to go down coilovers route, knuckle spacing maybe wrong though

No power mods are available aside from putting the 2L engine in it, but then you would just buy a 172/182

If you have any specific queries go for it, I stuck lowering springs and lightweight wheels on my 1.2 and I think that about as far as you can push it without stripping the interior for weight saving

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Body shells are the same, everything can be swapped

Best upgrade you could do for handling will be a wide track conversion. You will need front lower arms, ARB, front hubs, front brakes, suspension, tie rods and rod ends, drive shafts

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
You can also run Peugeot 207 2L front calliper's on standard 1.2 knuckles (with spacers) which let you run 280mm discs. Pedal gets longer but the stopping power is greater

Body shells are the same, everything can be swapped

Best upgrade you could do for handling will be a wide track conversion. You will need front lower arms, ARB, front hubs, front brakes, suspension, tie rods and rod ends, drive shafts

I was going to say you can pretty much swap anything over can't you, the question is at want point should you just buy the car you are swapping the items from

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
As above you end up putting cash into something slower and then end up replacing it anyway, to be fair though maybe its my old age but i prefer hustling my RSI down a backroad now than a 172/182, your having fun at slower speeds and feel your working it harder more of the time, but a twisty backroad is a lot different from a fast track where even a 172/182/197 feels like its running out of puff!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As above you end up putting cash into something slower and then end up replacing it anyway, to be fair though maybe its my old age but i prefer hustling my RSI down a backroad now than a 172/182, your having fun at slower speeds and feel your working it harder more of the time, but a twisty backroad is a lot different from a fast track where even a 172/182/197 feels like its running out of puff!
I echo the slow yet fun. I enjoy driving my orange dci on the b roads, can drive it flat out and its quite good fun without too much risk involved