ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What MBP to go for?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
As above... The Mrs wants MBP and neither of us have any idea about Macs...

She has a budget of about £1300.. ideally she wants a 15" one other than that we have no idea whats best...

Help!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
She could mayb up the budget depending.. Thats just a rough price tbh...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Find a student.

The 15" 2.3Ghz model is just short of £1300 inc a 3 year warranty.

Basic retina is a touch over £1500 inc the warranty.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mine.

i5.
15"
250GB SSD
8GB RAM
Mountain Lion

Perfect condition (literally) and with 15 months of Applecare remaining.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
She is a student... She did sayshe found one for £1300.. Mayb the one mentioned..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mark, students get a really decent discount. Tell her to go into store and price up a 15" retina with her student card, she'll get a good price.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, students get a really decent discount. Tell her to go into store and price up a 15" retina with her student card, she'll get a good price.

Dont do this.

Order online and they give you 3 year warranty for free. In store you have to buy applecare for about £60.

Just order from campus computers and she will get the student price and warranty.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I got applecare free in store, but she can at least get the intial price just instore, then go home/to uni and order online.

Sweet talking? ;)

I bought my MBP in store, applecare was about £50. I got my iMac online, discount was the same but got the 3 year warranty free. It's not the same as applecare as it doesn't include the phone support, although I'm not sure what the phone support is as they still pick up the phone and answer problems when I ring regardless of any warranties.