ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What mileage do you tell insurance

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

i tell them i do about 12k too,

i do mostly reach that limit as well. not much much tho

Best to be honest really

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Best to tell them accurate.

That said, when I had an accident last year, I was 4k over and the inspector came out to check the car but either never noticed or did but didnt say anything.

I was worried hed notice.

This year Ive said 15k. Not worth not getting a pay out for the sake of about £30 more.

ST

Unless you have a classic car or something theres no real point in limiting your mileage for the sake of saving a few pound.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

10k - but i dont drive to work ect

They wouldnt know anyways as they havent asked my milliage on the car!

don't

what if youve lost your mot though???

are they really going to go and try 2 find out how many miles were on the clock last time you had an mot done?

im on about 7k miles i think

never asked what mileage the car was actually on though??

also if u have an accident and ur over, do they not just charge you for how many miles ur over etc??

they have no way of knowing your mieage when u start your insurance and easy way of stopping it getting high is by disconnecting the speedo cable!

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

Quote: Originally posted by _simon_ on 03 February 2005

im with adrian flux and they never asked what millage i do!

they asked me and i told them 14k when i do near 30k but then i found out they only care if u do under 6k cos then ur insurance will be cheaper but above 6k it doesnt make a difference if u do near 100k per year

15 or 17K I told them but need to get it increased to about 20k.

After paying all the money I do for insurance might as well pay the extra to be completly covered.

What would happen then if you needed to claim on insurance with too many miles? Ive put 12k, done nearly 14k with 4 months to go!!

I need to get it amended methinks!

They didnt ask my insurance to start with, but it was brand new on the day I started insurance... they might be able to guess!

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

i have to keep changing mine every year cuz for my first year i put 8k and did 15k so i put 20k for my current insurance and ive done 18k so far and ive got 5monthes of that left might update it

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 03 February 2005

they can work it out from mots
what if you have a new car which doesnt need an mot for 3 years, or youve bought a car with 10k on the clock unless they ask for exact mileage they will never know

its impossible for an insurance company to find out how many miles you do. a car could do 30k in a year but that could be done by many people on different insurance policies

172 Exclusive

Just tell them 8K and tell them i do alot of trackday mileage a couple of trackdays a month (they dont do trackday insurance) but i dont do that many trackdays and they dont know that.

They never check the mileage anyway unless you put down a stupid figure

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

i gotta update mine, cos i said 8k, LOL

i do about 25k

as i thought i would get a 2nd runabout car, damn car is to fun to drive