ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What NIKON Dslr for £600?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
My mate wants to buy his dad a DSLR as an upgrade from a bridge camera. Its been a long time since I was in the DSLR market and as such, I have no idea at what models he should be looking at!

Whats the 'best' one to get for £600?

Only proviso is it needs to be brand new and it needs to be a Nikon (Doesn't like the feel of canon's etc).

Luke!

clio 182 black /gold
How about going in to a camera shop like Jesspos and having a look and play with one. Make a note of the model number and search online for a cheaper price. I did that with my current TV.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Leeshez said:
How about going in to a camera shop like Jesspos and having a look and play with one. Make a note of the model number and search online for a cheaper price. I did that with my current TV.
That's what I said but it's a gift lol

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It needs to be the works. Its his first DSLR so i think that the d90 is a bit OTT for what it is uused for...

We have been looking at the d5000 with th 18-55mm lense and the 55-200mm lense.

Comes in at £640 - This sound a good price?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
:S

If he's got the money to spend, get the best he can afford. D5000 is good but not a patch on a D90.

The kit lenses are average really.

I dunno why I put that as i didn't mean too. I was on my iPhone so it probably changed the word i originally put to that.

:eek: thanks for your advice boys and girls.

BTW the cheapest place i can find the d90 for is 589 and thats just for the body. So if you + lenses it is going to cost a lot more than 600 pounds :(

I got the D5000 from Jessops for £479 (£529 but with £50 cash back) just before xmas. I really like it. It's my first DSLR, and i find it pretty easy to use.

The kit lens is ok, but i am looking to get a either a 35mm prime or a better zoom lens. However, as it doesn't have a auto focus motor built in (I think?), its a little bit harder to find a lens, or there more expensive. It isn't a major problem, just a little annoying.

Megane RS 275 Trophy
I dunno why I put that as i didn't mean too. I was on my iPhone so it probably changed the word i originally put to that.

:eek: thanks for your advice boys and girls.

BTW the cheapest place i can find the d90 for is 589 and thats just for the body. So if you + lenses it is going to cost a lot more than 600 pounds :(

Check on the Nikon UK site I think there is still a £60.00 cash back on the D90;)

Yes there is
http://www.nikon.co.uk/sites/cashback/offers_chooser.html

Last edited: