ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What oil for V6

Ford Fiesta ST2

What oil does everyone use in there V6? I notice hmhmhm in another topic mentioned a superior oil, does anyone know what it is? Any ideas please....

Clio RS 172 Ph2

I found using Mobil 1 0/40 fully synthetic too thin, made the engine sound noisy, also oil consumption went up also. Im now using Mobil 1 15W/50 fully synthetic and its using less oil, and sounds a lot smoother.

Renault actually recommend using semi-synthetic, but I personally cant quite bring myself to put such cheap oil in my pride & joy!

ST

Yeah 5w40 elf excellium i even run it in my 1.2 16v beast lol!

[Edited by 16vClio on 10 August 2005 at 11:04pm]

A new engine costs a fortune. £25.00 for a sump full of synthetic is small change compared to that. See the post by Oilman re positive advantages of synthetics v stock oil.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

We now stock Silkoline ProRace 5w40 Fully Synthetic oil

simply becuase its the best oil for the performance engines in these cars.

not only does it last longer than many other oils maintaining the engine for longer but we found that all the cars we put it in performed better and were smoother and quiter..

all performance services we carry out now use this oil as well...

Andy
GDI

Skoda Fabia vRS

Silkolene rules !!!........proper ester based synthetic, and not over the top prices like Mobil 1......you get 5L in a bottle not 4L !

ive got Pro S 5W-40 to go in the valver

Clio RS 172 Ph2

As a side note, how oil thirsty are Vees supposed to be? I have to top up my oil (from bottom to top on the dipstick) every 800 miles or so (thats how long it takes for all the 0s in the oil display to vanish), and Im driving mostly at motorway speeds, hardly thrashing it.

In the manual it states that it can use as much as 1litre every 600 miles, but Ive seen that in lots of car manuals, and only my Williams ever drank that quantity!

Sounds like heavy consumption to me. I use about 1 litre every 5000 miles or put it another way, thats 1 litre top-up between oil changes and that is probably only about 1000 miles of motor/expressway use, the rest is across country, up and down rev range. V6 255.

My missus thrashes her 182 across country every day and has only done about 1200 miles of motor/expressway use in 14000 miles & never topped it up before an oil change at 10k.

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe

Quote: Originally posted by 137699 on 11 August 2005

As a side note, how oil thirsty are Vees supposed to be? I have to top up my oil (from bottom to top on the dipstick) every 800 miles or so (thats how long it takes for all the 0s in the oil display to vanish), and Im driving mostly at motorway speeds, hardly thrashing it.

In the manual it states that it can use as much as 1litre every 600 miles, but Ive seen that in lots of car manuals, and only my Williams ever drank that quantity!
As long as the 0s are still there when the car is started I dont need fill right?