ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What paint do you guys paint your plenums with?

Dodgy one
Satin matt Aerosol, Dont need VHT, It dosnt get hot enough

Etch prime and straight over the top with your colour

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Satin matt Aerosol, Dont need VHT, It dosnt get hot enough

Etch prime and straight over the top with your colour
Yes spot on, Halfords do a great Etch prima made by Upol, let it tack off then paint the black over the top we call it "wet on wet" in the trade...

Inferno 182 CUP
i dunno lol thats the problem.

Cant decide if i want matt or gloss dont know what will look better :|

Lionel Richie
take the lot off in one go with TB etc installed still, just unplug everything and then remove it all when its all off the car

Inferno 182 CUP
so 8 bolts? lift off carefully yeah? then what just push sensors out and leave them in bay and way the TB off?

Inferno 182 CUP
lol .. are there 8 bolts? undo them. Lift the plenum off the block and then push the sensor things and clips out yeah?

Then undo the TB when its off the car?

What about the mount? And where can i support the block before taking that off?

Inferno 182 CUP
040f2a79.gif

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I can't see your pic at work, but I have the K4M and the plenum unbolts as you describe. The bolts on the runners etc had star drive heads but I found a 12 tooth metric socket fitted them no problem.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
do i have to remove the scuttle mate? and bolts on runners? huh lol?

TBH I dont know what the scuttle is? I thought a scuttle was something for storing coal.
My runners/plenum unit is plastic, yours looks a lot better, bet it flows better too.
The whole plenum should just lift out when you undo the bolts, and unclip any wires etc attached. If you dont have quite enough room to lift it out of the bay then you can get a few more cm's by undoing the engine mount bolts on the left hand side to lower the engine (obviously you need to be very careful not to drop the whole engine onto the floor, support under the sump etc)

b/g 182, meg tourer
matt black looks much better than gloss in the engine bay. you dont need high temp paint either.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
Ah, I now guess the scuttle the plastic bit around the wipers? I'd only take that off if you get stuck. If I had too I would free the scuttle so it can move a bit but not take off the wipers - I don't think removing the wipers is an easy job - I had to resort to using a slide hammer when I did that!