ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What paint!

Hi guys I need to spray my front grill on my 182 as its very faded!

Wondering what primer, spray paint and lacquer people have used?

Thanks

Emma.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Not sure how well it would work on the grill but maybe try G-Techniq C4?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I just go over mie with AF revive every now and then with a MF cloth.

If you just spray it with satin black it's only a matter of time before it starts chipping, I prefer to keep it unpainted and just treated.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As said Satin black from Halfords, as many even coats as you can get of the can.

koi

Audi S1
Painted mine and started to chip after a year, going to be a right pain to strip and repaint it.

I just go over mie with AF revive every now and then with a MF cloth.

If you just spray it with satin black it's only a matter of time before it starts chipping, I prefer to keep it unpainted and just treated.

This is quite a good idea, I might try this and see how it comes up first! Will post some before and after shots :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a bit of extra effort when you clean the car, looks much better than a chipped to f**k grill though :)

Fiesta ST2 MP215
A good thing to use ( I await the troll ) tyre black gel stuff, if you take it off and apply it, let it dry properly looks really nice. I use it on all my black exterior plastics.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I used to do that with the megs tyre gel lol. Does work tbf but a specific product made for the job works better is all. Usually lasts longer too and is easier to wipe off the panels when you smear if onto the paint.