ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What part is this?

172 Cup
Driving home yesterday and heard a bang, had no clue what it was so slowed down and after a few seconds all seemed fine and I carried on, only for two seconds later what I thought to be my driver side wheel falling off. Turns out it was the drivers wheel arch liner (I think thats what its called) falling off and getting caught under the wheel. I seen it doddle along the ground in my mirror and turned back to go pick it up and see what it was. Turned out to be this and pretty sure this is the arch liner?

IMG_20951_zpsfba1d711.jpg
[/URL]

Think this is also part of it..

IMG_20961_zps24e92940.jpg
[/URL]

And did this even come off my car? had to drive back around to get it so could have been off another car...

IMG_20971_zps784e36df.jpg
[/URL]

If anyone knows what these are for sure could you guide me in the direction what its called/part number.
Ps. im rubbish with the whole fixing cars side of things if you haven't already noticed.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I don't recognise the last one, but the others are indeed your arch liner. It's common for them to get holes in or fall off after catching on the wheels when the cars are quite old like a 172 Cup. You will pay quite a lot for a new one, contact Renault Wolverhampton via the traders section on this site or go to a scrapyard and hunt around. You do need it to be in place especially if it came off the passenger side as it protects the connector to the fog lights and some other bits.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
The first 2 pics are part of the wheel arch liner.....the 3rd pic is the lining for the front bumper.