ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What petrol do you use?

BG 182
Im just telling ya what i was told, i've done a little bit of browsing on the net and it seems to be a hot topic whether it is less refined fuel or whether there are additives in the bp and shell stuff over the supermarkets. Also didnt tescos muck up aload of cars with their fuel a couple of years ago? If it just happened to them then surely they are not recieving it from the main companies else we would have seen problems with their fuel.

Also if just oil the whole engine would have seized like on the 5th gear episode i think

Yes!! - I remember this when Tesco's F***ed up.
I was trying to find it on the net. - Apparently they had to sort out a load of new engines for everyone.

Albi blue 197
i normally use tesco super unleaded but it often not on ... i here alot about the shell stuff like think im goin to have to start filling with this

Clio 197
When I first had the 197 I used mainly Tesco 99, mainly hoping for better fuel economy. But to be honest I think I get a better MPG return on normal 95 RON. So thats what I'm using at the moment.

250cup extreme blue
I used vpower since new,15mths ago.for the last mth i have used standard 95 shell for a bit of a test.the 197 has learned whats in it and seems to be just as fast.this week i will be changing back to vpower to see what its like.will post up the results.PS is it worth becoming a paid up member of this site.thanks

I used vpower since new,15mths ago.for the last mth i have used standard 95 shell for a bit of a test.the 197 has learned whats in it and seems to be just as fast.this week i will be changing back to vpower to see what its like.will post up the results.PS is it worth becoming a paid up member of this site.thanks

You can get an insurance discount if you belong to a drivers club :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Optimax then V-Power from new for mine. The occasional tank of slop makes it run rough...got caught out this weekend, and in traffic it won't pull itself along at tickover cleanly through 1/2/3 without spluttering.

Optimax then V-Power from new for mine. The occasional tank of slop makes it run rough...got caught out this weekend, and in traffic it won't pull itself along at tickover cleanly through 1/2/3 without spluttering.

Same with mine. It just deosn't run right on 95.

Clio 182
Optimax/VPower more than anything else, sometimes BP Ultimate as a second choice - but if I need petrol and I'm not near those, I've ended up in the Total recently with their 97.

Tried a few tanks of 95 recently but car didn't feel quite as good when starting the car for the first mile or so - but whether that was due to the petrol, I don't know.

It seems more noticeable now at 5 years old if I use 95, than when I tried different petrol when the car was newer and couldn't really tell the difference :S

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
tesco's 99 ron for me, not that much more expensive really and it means if i really behave i get as much as 16mpg sometimes!

Ph1 172
notice top ends really flat on 95 and tend to get a little pinking, V power makes the car feel soooo much stronger and responsive

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Sainsburys super for me. I don't fill up that often so a few more quid doesn't bother me.

Clio 172 Exclusive
I was filling up on 95 recently, where ever I could get it. Last tank I decided to give Sainsbury's super 97 a go. Only used half a tank so far, and not noticed any difference atm. Not sure how many tanks it would take before noticing any difference, though.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I use Tesco's 99 ron everyday. But when i do trackdays i use BP Ultimate or V-Power in the take befor my trackday and then fill my jerry cans up with it too.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Whatever, and wherever!! Rarely use anything other than standard stuff!! I bought some for £1.12 a litre the other day! lol, Gold petrol.