ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Phone Do You Have?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got one of those Orange SPV M600's for work (which I hate) and my own Nokia 6310i (which I hate just slightly less). Absolutely despise mobiles and would happily smash both of them into ten zillion pieces, given half the chance. ;)

D.

MK1 Clio 16v
I've got an SE P910i, and previously owned an SE P900i.

Loved them both!

p910i.gif

M135i
ive seen the N93, it looks like fricking Mir.

Ive got the N80. since i updated the firmware its great. i love the wi-fi on it.

I am using a Sammy P300 (the credit card/calculator phone)

It calls people, sends texts, and is tiny. That's all I need from a phone right now so I'm happy :)

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
I have the N80, as a kinda backup phone. It got so slow upgraded, i really ought to do the firmware on it :)

Monaro VXR
About to order an XDA EXEC. Got to wait a couple days though tried to order it the other day was told I can have it for free but have to wait a few more days for my contract time.

Was annoyed really as my current phone is buggered. K750, Joystick doesnt work, keypad is dying. The charger you have to mess with to get it to charge by wiggling the wire. Its just knackered.

Dci 100
D900. Great phone. Great camera. No problems with it what so ever!
samsung-d900.jpg

i have one of those, the screen broke after two weeks at around christmas time, i'm still arranaging the fix, the screens can break on these very easily and sometimes of their own free will because they are so thin, and not very shock or pressure resistant :(

replacing the screen costs about £80 if you pay someone to do it or about £50 if you do it yourself

samsung wont admit theres a problem and so there is no repair under warranty, however theres hundreds of threads on the internet about this problem.

535d / t5 caravelle
top phone^^^^^^^^^^^

n73 me, biggest sack of s**t i've ever had!

did you update the firmware?

not had a prob with mine at all. early firmwares are buggy tho! 5 min job to update it!

no, dont know what you mean either mate? enlighten me, this is the 2nd n73 i've had, having a few problems with them, it would be a good phone if it worked as it was ment to.......but it never does, what is updating firmwares and how can i do it?

cheers

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
o2_xda_orbit_side_small.jpg

Had one of these for a month now and am really pleased - Allows me to get my emails, connect to the web, play solitaire and it even has built in GPS and wifi...

top phone^^^^^^^^^^^

n73, massive screen, great cam with autofocus, tomtom 6, etc. top phone!

top phone^^^^^^^^^^^

not had a prob with mine at all. early firmwares are buggy tho! 5 min job to update it!

I keep meaning to buy a data cable to upgrade the software! My isnt too buggy but boy its soooo slooooow sending a message, getting to the point of where its pissing me off tbh.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I have an N80 updated to Internet Edition.

Decent camera with a pretty decent flash. Wifi. Radio. But it's the fact I've got things like SmartMovie on it (much better than RealPlayer), LCG Jukebox (much better than Nokia music player) and TomTom6 on it.
With a 2gb card on it, I've got room for 200mp3s and 20 30minute tv comedies and still room for loads of pics.

The screen is amazing with the pixels being minute (not sure what res it actually is).

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Incidentally, any other N80 users will notice my Internet and TomTom are sideways in landscape format.

This is not because it's now an Internet Edition but because I use a very handy program called rotateMe.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
n73, massive screen, great cam with autofocus, tomtom 6, etc. top phone!

top phone^^^^^^^^^^^

I keep meaning to buy a data cable to upgrade the software! My isnt too buggy but boy its soooo slooooow sending a message, getting to the point of where its pissing me off tbh.

yeh worth it mate. you should get a cable in the box tho from new?

iv upgraded to the music edition!

top phone^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol Id better check my box, thing is mine is the music edition! lol. well it came in the jamiroquai box?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
the music edition are the black ones like, they come with a 2gb mem card and different software. mine came in the same box as yours tho matey but its a normal edition one

Ive got a w850i, had it a few months now, almost time for something else.

Ive had a k800i and a N80, they both lasted a day before I decided I didnt like them! lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i have a k800i (with k810i firmware)

and a p990i

Best phones money can buy. Bar none.

(until cebit)

Sony Ericsson W800i - Good all rounder.
Motorola Pebl - looks good, but not functionally anywhere near as good as the above.

Fiesta ST
N80 for me - I dont have any problems with it and the WIFI is great. Also can control my PC's media with it via wifi using the home network feature (like a posh remote).

Went from....

SE P910i..... First PDA phone.. not bad... just a pain in the arse looking for decent apps for it.

I-mate K-Jam - First Windows mobile phone.. found the CPU to be sooo sloow and the extra keyboard (which i never use) too bulky. Made me look like i was walking around the office tenting (even though sometimes i was).....The phone is to damn big I think. camera is shite. although features were good.

Nokia N73..... absoultey love the camera on it.. But too slow (no i didnt upgrade the software) Hated the joystick, missed PDA features from previous phones..was weird going back to Symbian OS, had it 2.5 months, got bored then got the following fphone rom ebay.....

...02 XDA Orbit (pictured in a earlier post), even though the CPU is only 5 MHZ quicker than the K-jam, it makes hell of a difference. Love the size. battery is good for a PDA. Builtin GPS so i put Tomtom6 on. Works brilliantly. Just miss the quality of the cam of the N73 and 3G.. but its no biggie really.....First phone to make me think I might keep it for the 2nd year of my contract. lovin' it!

Clio 1.5 DCI (80)
top phone^^^^^^^^^^^

N73 is a bag of w**k iv had mine for 7 months now, since they first came out and nothing but problems!!!!! Any one want to swap of a D900??

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
samsung_e250_1.jpg

My new one I bought yesterday from TCPW. Was after the LG Chocolate in white, but after reading the reviews on here, I decided not to go for it. So instead got this Samsung E250, like picture, but in black.

Did have a Toshiba TS608, but after 3 months of use, there was sometimes a loud buzzing in the ear piece when I was dialing calls. Plus the battery lasted no more than a day! I never talk alot on the phone, but usually text like mad!

Der Panzer
large.jpg

The firmware is shoite for making calls; it HATES multitasking. Tried to upgrade and it turned itself into a brick. Hoping I get a new one back so I can pimp it on fleeBay.

I have found it very good for email, SMS, MMS and browsing though.

In for repair now