ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What phone that isnt an iPhone?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm on orange, its upgrade time, i'm a long running customer so will be able to get pretty much anything... whats out there at the moment for me?

I'm normally massively up to date on phones etc, but with finishing my degree been very busy and lost touch.

I've had a viewty for the last 18 months and at the time it was a good choice, its not a bad phone, but the touch screen wasn't a good one. Wouldn't mind going touch screen again though.

So far i've seen,

HTC Touch Diamond 2
LG Viewty Smart
Samsung tocco/tocco light
Samsung i8910 <<<< i likes this one, but a bit big.
Samsung i900 omnia
Nokia Music touch thing

What have i missed?

Any advice on whats new would be appreciated.

I'd love an iPhone but the contracts are shocking, and i have no income at the moment so cheap bills from orange win.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I dont want something that does everything the iPhone does, just want a nice new phone, i like my gadgets etc and was just wondering whats everyones opinion on whats new at the moment and actually any good?

fiesta 1.25
I dont want something that does everything the iPhone does, just want a nice new phone, i like my gadgets etc and was just wondering whats everyones opinion on whats new at the moment and actually any good?

Why wouldnt you?unless you want something cheaper but if you like your gadets just get the iPhone

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
iPhone and get ripped a new asshole every month when i get my bill? AND pay actually cash monies for the phone?

I do admitt the iPhone is brilliant and have nothing against it other than the ridiculous costs involved. I finished uni yesterday and havent got a lot of money. Orange will offer me a free phone and no doubt make my contract even less money so its just the better option at the moment.

Sorry i forgot, you iphone guys dont like to talk about tarrifs... ;)

The iPhone tariffs are unusable if you have any friends at all.

No idea on other phones. I don't tend to pay attention to inferior products. I think my Mum has one of those tho, I'll ask her what she thinks in a min..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's rubbish. She always complains about it to me.

It always cuts out, and doesn't like getting damp.

Clio 172 Mk2
sony ericsson w995 mate. just got one myself, absolutely awesome phone. Brilliant build quality and size, 8mp camera, 8gb memory, walkman sound quality which is ace, built in gps and 3g etc. Great phone

Mk2 Golf GTI
The nokia music phone is s**t for text input etc, and the worrying thing is the i8910 has similar software, but then the screen is a lot bigger.

Think i'm going with the blackberry curve or the i8910 though.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
HTC Touch Diamond 2
I have the HTC Touch Diamond. Its good as long as you have "htcaddicts ram cleaner" installed. Because after you've been browsing the web or had alot of apps open you get the great "Windows RAM clog". Which starts making the phone slow. So you run that and its fast again. Also if you get a phone that runs Windows Mobile you get a great amount of useful free apps

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
£35 a month isnt too bad

£35 gets you 600 mins 500 texts, mins more than enough, texts no where near, i get more than this for £22 a month, and ontop of that i'd have to pay the lump £185 for the phone. Otherwise tbh i'd love one, i just havent got the income for one atm.

Had looked at the N97, have never had one of the newer Gen Nokia's, whats the opinion on them?

I'm quite interested by the new sansung i8910, looks a little big, but quite slick, anyone got one?

ph2 172
The nokia music phone is s**t for text input etc, and the worrying thing is the i8910 has similar software, but then the screen is a lot bigger.

Think i'm going with the blackberry curve or the i8910 though.

the text input really isnt bad, i take it you have one? you can either hand write it in, use the touch screen exactly the same as a normal phones keypad or the qwerty keyboard, and the s60 version 5 is spot on, a damn site less crashy and slow as the missus n96, and if you have remotely normal size fingers ive heard the keyboard on the blackberry is a bit of a nightmare, but i wouldnt know for sure as i dont have one.

Mk2 Golf GTI
the text input really isnt bad, i take it you have one? you can either hand write it in, use the touch screen exactly the same as a normal phones keypad or the qwerty keyboard, and the s60 version 5 is spot on, a damn site less crashy and slow as the missus n96, and if you have remotely normal size fingers ive heard the keyboard on the blackberry is a bit of a nightmare, but i wouldnt know for sure as i dont have one.

Tried one in-store, not a fan tbh. I have the ipod touch which is a breeze to type on and a LOT more responsive, so the Nokia felt poor to me in comparison.

Orange offered me a great contract on the 5800 so if i cant barter them down on a blackberry or the samsung i may just go with it. It's defo not my first choice though.

sony ericsson w995 mate. just got one myself, absolutely awesome phone. Brilliant build quality and size, 8mp camera, 8gb memory, walkman sound quality which is ace, built in gps and 3g etc. Great phone

same, its a great phone

if your not into the whole touchscreen phones