ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth cd head unit recommendations?

200 RS 2010
So, the 200 I'm picking up next week has factory head unit. This won't last as I'm a techy nerd type of guy. I'm coming from a car with full Bluetooth syncing and music streaming and voice calling and built in touch screen satnav, all with steering controls...
So I'm going have to try and spec up this aspect of the car. For sat nav it's easy, just use my phone. I've found what reportedly is a great phone holder for the air vents, but for the life of me I can't seem to find sources that agree on a "best of" headunit that fills all my requirements.
I'm not spending the earth £150 tops, I'm guessing I'll need a headunit, maybe adapter cables and maybe even steering adapter aswell. So does anyone here have a modern all singing all dancing single din head unit set up to pretend their Clio was made in 2017

200 RS 2010
so no ones replaced their stereo it seems, has anyone bought rca to usb adaptor leads and plugged your phone into your car speakers that way? if so does this work well?
Also i was wondering how hard it would be to feed these cables through the centre air vent and down behing the climate control so they pop out at the bottom and plug into the audio outs? has anyone done this?
Cheers

Dave

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I made a guide in the guides section for a cheapo Bluetooth mod.

Cost about £20 all in. Works perfect for streaming but doesn’t support calls. And it’s all hidden away so no garish leads or head units

200 RS 2010
I'll check it out cheers. Just bought the rca to usb type c lead I need for my phone anyway. Only £5 so if I bin them no loss. The charger port is behind the hand brake though right? So I'll need to run a lead to charge my phone at some point sadly but thanks again, I'll check it out

200 RS 2010
I made a guide in the guides section for a cheapo Bluetooth mod.

Cost about £20 all in. Works perfect for streaming but doesn’t support calls. And it’s all hidden away so no garish leads or head units
Sorry mate don't have the link do you?

200 RS 2010
Yeah you do. Cheers though. I'll be buying full membership when I pick the car up wed\thursday.. I'm just thinking ahead lol

200 RS 2010
Since you touched on the topic, id just like to say what a great bunch of lads you've got here.
This forum is welcoming, friendly and helpful. Ive been looking into buying a car for months and when i stumbled upon Renault-sport Clio's, especially the 200 something inside me went "Yup!" I only joined this forum around 2 weeks ago but in that time ive had every single one of my posts replied to, lots of my questions answered and even a few laughs from peoples good humoured responses along the way. I just went back to the Megane forum i was trying to use when i was considering one of them and the contrast between that ghost town and this place is night and day. Im immensely looking forward to my new car but im also looking forward to spending lots of hours on here learning and laughing as i go, so without sounding too much like a big girls blouse, cheers lads.