ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Remains of Edith Finch

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone played it?

I think its broken me
Not yet - it's a "game" I've been looking at buying since it was announced. A couple of friends have said they were totally sucked into the story and found it quite emotional. After 2-3 hours they'd finished it and started it again straight away to see what they might have missed. I might buy this later and 'play' through it tonight when the missus has gone to bed!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Not yet - it's a "game" I've been looking at buying since it was announced. A couple of friends have said they were totally sucked into the story and found it quite emotional. After 2-3 hours they'd finished it and started it again straight away to see what they might have missed. I might buy this later and 'play' through it tonight when the missus has gone to bed!
It's in Steam sale atm. Even for full price I wouldn't feel short changed

Yaris Hybrid
I've been ranting about this game all year. Absolutely incredible.

I paid full price at launch (full price for an indie) and would gladly have paid a full AAA price of £40 as I got more enjoyment and memories out of it than any full price AAA title this year. The only game that beat it this year was Hellblade and only then by a whisker.

What an adventure and that baby section was heart breaking. As soon as I got to the cot I was like "Oh s**t, please don't do this".

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Almost two weeks on from playing through and I'm still not sure whether or not I 'enjoyed' it. :) My heart did sink when playing the young baby's chapter though - that feeling of foreboding and knowing that something unpleasant was just around the corner.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Didn't see anything about her father, Odin's wife or Kay, need to run through it again

F82 M4
I like my Steam link, it's been faultless so far. Using it over Wifi and never had any issues, just got to make sure you put the TV in "game" mode to reduce the input lag. I've noticed Samsung has an app now too so you don't even need to buy the actual link anymore.

Yaris Hybrid
Nice to see more people giving this game a try.

I've only used my Shield with a full cable connection and I turn off that auto optimisation twaddle that lowers the detail and run everything on max.

It has come on leaps and bounds since they first came out as I had the original model and I found it laggy and to stutter a lot and loads of features like pad rumble didn't work etc.

I have the smaller updated model now but the firmware updates are the greatest improvement.

That said, like most things PC-related, it is still far from perfect and games frequently throw a wobbly.

Now that I have my Xbox One X I don't really use it though. The Xbox is more reliable and consistent especially when it comes to HDR support and I was blown away by Witcher 3 which I thought looked better than it does on my PC due to HDR. Wasn't fussed about 30fps as it was solid and consistent.

So the Shield is really just a fast Kodi box as it is still faster and slicker than my wizzy new HDR TV that cost a bomb.