ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What sensor is this

2003 Clio 172
2000 Clio 1.4s E7J engine

img10674lr.jpg

The green one....there is oil piddling outta it and i need to know what to ask for cos my Renault dealership are a-holes

also...any idea on price?

cheers

ging

2003 Clio 172
oh they did....definately............cos its in this one and its a 2000. :approve:

Says so on the block and the manual...honest guv

E7J 780...........1998 - 2000

Changed in 2000 to just 1.4 valvers then i think......K4 summink

no matter

still pishing oil

:(

2003 Clio 172
Thats what i was thinking too...........it doesnt do nuffing when i disconnect it though......no lights on dash etc and no change in temp

?

hmmm

Renault clio 1.8 16v
i think it's the oil pressure sensor check when you dis conect it if the oil light works when you switch your ignition on. i'm sure it's that mate:clown:

2003 Clio 172
i will have a wee try again when i get home mate.........

might just bloody pull it out and throw it on the parts counter too and say...."i want one of those"

just to test them

lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
where is it leakng? from the seal, if its that then just replace the copper or cork washer, if its the unit then replace that

2003 Clio 172
not sure where its leaking exactly Ben...........cant see a seal as there is still a good few mill of thread left and it is in tight....there may well be a wee seal inside the hole though....

will whip her out tonight and have a goosey gander.....

thanks for the input

;)

TDI tyre shreader
get some ptfe plumbers tape on it the white ribbon stuff just reverse wrap some round the thread and bung it back in