ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What shocks for rear?

172/1.2/E30
You'll need pretty short dampers when combined with coilover rear springs. I tried some Bilstein B8 sprints (shortened) on the rear with H&R coilover springs and they didn't get enough pretension. What coilovers do you have? You should be able to get replacements from the manufacturer.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
You'll need pretty short dampers when combined with coilover rear springs. I tried some Bilstein B8 sprints (shortened) on the rear with H&R coilover springs and they didn't get enough pretension. What coilovers do you have? You should be able to get replacements from the manufacturer.

They are Vmaxx, the rears are just lowering springs with adjusters, not coilovers sorry!

172/1.2/E30
But they are the VMaxx springs, aren't they? Slightly shortened shocks for lowering with springs (upto 30mm) will not work with the rear springs from coilover kits. Rear springs are to short.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
But they are the VMaxx springs, aren't they? Slightly shortened shocks for lowering with springs (upto 30mm) will not work with the rear springs from coilover kits. Rear springs are to short.

Yeah they lower 60mm on the rear springs

172/1.2/E30
I'd get a set of replacement rear shocks from Vmaxx. Or look for second hand rear "coilover" shocks on here.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Cup shocks are to long. => spring will wobble around if the rear isn't under load => dangerous.

Ive been rolling around like that for years! lol!

Theres hardly anything around! I've contacted a few companies to see if they can supply vmaxx shocks on their own.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Had an email saying its £150 for a replacement set of rear shocks, thats a bit expensive.

Ok so:
V-Maxx Shocks = £150
Bilstein B4 Shocks = £76.8
Clio Cup Shocks = £87.32

Which ones?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm liking the Koni's I have on the rear of mine, went for my first proper drive since fitting them last week and the rear end felt so planted.

No idea if they are suitable to mix with your current coilovers though?