ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should i do with my boot.

I haven't been on here for a long time now so first off hello.

I've decided to sell my car due to moving house and a new bike on its way means i haven't got enough money.

However my question is what should i do with my boot. My car is a mark 1 clio with a maxi kit fitted, due to the wheels in the arches catching the fuel filler pipe i relocated this pipe to the boot. However now i want to sell the car i need to tidy this up as at the minute it is just a pipe sticking up in the middle of the boot. Orginally i was going to do a complete boot build and incorperate this filler cap into the install. As a potential buyer do you think i should:

a) do a complete boot build with audiobarn equipment i've already bought,
b) just re-carpet the boot and make a small fiberglass moulding up to tidy up the filler pipe and cap,
c) leave it as is and sell the car with the audiobarn equipment so the buyer can choose what to do?
d) sell the car for parts, ie shell, engine, wheels etc and then not have to worry about it.

Please help i'm really unsure what to do. I want to get the best price i can as i need the money.

Many thanks
Mark

cheers mate i just think at the minute it looks a bit of a mess and it might put a potential buyer off.

Bear in mind at the minute there is no carpet and wires everywhere waiting for the amp etc to go in.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
It would put me off. Sorry mate, just being honest. I'd choose option e. Get a garage to sort the fuel pipe out properly and safely and then carpet the boot making it nice and tidy. :)

CupCake said:
It would put me off. Sorry mate, just being honest. I'd choose option e. Get a garage to sort the fuel pipe out properly and safely and then carpet the boot making it nice and tidy. :)

yup, option E is best.

Si is spot on :)

trust me i could do 10 times a better jobs than most garages. And there is nothing unsafe about it.

I'm not a dobge it kind of person and i'm a qualified engineer anything i do would be safe.