ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Surround Sound ? Help Needed !

Hi chaps

Need some advice from the Guru's.

I have this

230482229?$product$.jpg

http://www.johnlewis.com/230482229/Product.aspx

And i am looking for a surround sound system to go with it.

I would like a sony system so that it all matches, but i have no idea about any of this stuff.

Got a budget of £200 ish.

I have seen this one

230478604?$product$.jpg

http://www.johnlewis.com/230478604/Product.aspx

Not bothered about Blu-ray as we don't own any HD dvd's and looking at this one it upscales anyway.

Have seen a few others on comet and currys etc but though i would ask advice on here.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

Octy VRS
I have it's predecesor which does an excellent job for entry level. Does decent upscaling too. Great reviews on Amazon.

Only a 2.1 system though tom ?

Better than the sony system ? being a 5.1 ?

any links ? as i do need more than just the speakers ?

Octy VRS
Yep, was referring to the Sony. The speakers are a bit plasticky but sound quality is surprisingly good. I stream music from my laptop to my PS3 and it sounds fine through it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why not wait a couple of months till your budgets bigger? Or are you dyin to get it now?!

Keen to get it now, then will look @ replacing the whole package tv/surround sound in a year/2 years.

If i can get a decent entry level system preferably a sony if pos then i think i will be happy.

Any thing has to be better than the standard Bravia built in speakers.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Jesus, that HTX22HD has gone up!

Got mine for £189 at christmas.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Find a richer sounds, listen to some stuff in your budget and off you go.

Alternatively look on what hifi get some ideas and go out testing, find the right one and get it as cheaply as you can.

Octy VRS
It's an entry level system and for under £200 you won't find much. Ignore the Sony are s**te comments, that's just a hater comment. As I said before it's good for the money and will link with your tv fine.

If you increase your budget I'd definitely look at other brands though like Onkyo.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Fantastic as home cinema speakers, more than capable for Dolby Digital and DTS. THX certified too. I know they might look like jumped up pc speakers but they do sound amazing, even more so at that price.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whats your thoughts anyway bling king ?

I know know anything about technology mate. I bought a Philips one. (Griff's suggestion) It's more of a style system than quality but does me. Am no big into 'high quality' stuff..As long as it looks good! (Hence the v6! haha)

I have found a sony system for the looks, only a 2.1 system though, loos very swish.

Got a link to the system you have ?