ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What suspension 2 use 4 track use an bit ov road wiv whiteline arb

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Hi guys I've fitted a whiteline arb to my cupped 182 and noticed that the car has much less roll on medium setting even on standard suspension.
So I was wondering if anybody has a awesome setup that they are currently using as I'm now after a set ov coilovers but not sure if these are needed now due to less body roll the car is cup packed so 60mm bolt spacing any advice would be gratefull.
Cheers

Nissan 370Z
Kam Racing are doing good offers on the Gaz Coilies ATM! IF not...then the KTR ones from ktec seem popular.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Whats your budget?

Would not really reccomend either of the above from my/others experience.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its a track car it needs to be KW, AST Or Bilsteins.

I've had GAZ and they weren't any good to anybody. Scrap metal to be perfectly honest. The K-tec ones are fine for a posers road car but as a track car the two most important things are the suspension and brakes. If you buy cheaply, you will end up replacing them so it will cost you more in the long run.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
If its a track car it needs to be KW, AST Or Bilsteins.

I've had GAZ and they weren't any good to anybody. Scrap metal to be perfectly honest. The K-tec ones are fine for a posers road car but as a track car the two most important things are the suspension and brakes. If you buy cheaply, you will end up replacing them so it will cost you more in the long run.

Yer I was thinkin ov gettin a set ov ast sportline 2 but iv read tha some ppl prefer the kw's as ther not so firm (hard) so wanted 2 c wha ppl think or even got on there's 2way up pro's an cons. Tha way I can make my mind up cheers

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I ain't got a budget don't mind payin big money if the quality is good

General feelings on here amongst those who know is to get KW V2's I think, you might need to get them machined to fit the hub spacing although i'm sure a seller was doing the 60mm spacing option, may have been fred or yozza.

lift number 1 @ btm
If money is no object, go for kw competition, penske or ohlins.
The kw are built to order, so bolt spacing isn't an issue. I'm not 100% on the others, but i'd imaging they're the same.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Would be worth pm-ing Brown Bear on here. He ran AST's and then swapped for KW's.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
General feelings on here amongst those who know is to get KW V2's I think, you might need to get them machined to fit the hub spacing although i'm sure a seller was doing the 60mm spacing option, may have been fred or yozza.

Yer thought so it's just guttin tha only ast company runs on full coilovers an not rubbish springs wiv hangers on the rear lol

M3, Cup racer'd 182
The kw are built to order, so bolt spacing isn't an issue. I'm not 100% on the others, but i'd imaging they're the same.
Lmao fu*k me m8 Just looked on these an I know I said money is no object but it's not a competition car. Even if I did get the comp coilovers at a decent price they'd b worth more than the value ov the car anyway, even when it comes 2 sell the coilovers second hand no1 on here would wan a touch them as they wouldn't wan a spend half ov wha I paid 4 them :-(. so I'm thinkin ov gettin ast sp2's or kw v2 but more on the ast side at mo only coz they got full coilovers all round an not rubbish springs an hangers on rear.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Lmao fu*k me m8 Just looked on these an I know I said money is no object but it's not a competition car. Even if I did get the comp coilovers at a decent price they'd b worth more than the value ov the car anyway, even when it comes 2 sell the coilovers second hand no1 on here would wan a touch them as they wouldn't wan a spend half ov wha I paid 4 them :-(. so I'm thinkin ov gettin ast sp2's or kw v2 but more on the ast side at mo only coz they got full coilovers all round an not rubbish springs an hangers on rear.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If you want top qualty and dont mind spend top money the give this guy a call, he used to work for Leada his name is john and we run his shocks on the Aston Martin that we race in the aston martin owners club championship and in this http://www.heritagegtcc.co.uk/.

His shocks are custom made and he offers a after sales service which is free so if you are having set up problems he is only a phone call away http://www.blackartdesigns.com/

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Cheers 4 all ur inputs iv contacted brown bear an he said the kw's are much better than ast's. So now iv decided to buy kw's just went to order these but there are diffrent ones 4 the Clio with diffrent bolt spacing I know tha mine is cup packed so I'll need 60mm which they don't do, I know I will have to get these modified to fit.
On these kits it gives me kw outputs the 58mm which would be better to get is eqivelant to 105bhp does these kw matter as a simillar kw 2 mine is a 54mm spacin so quite alot ov modifing is needed.