ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what suspension

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
hi im a new member just had my clio 172 mk2 phase2 a few days was wondering whats the best option to go for on lowering 40mm. i have seen some apex springs any body got these how good are they any addvice woul be appreciated

people tell me apex springs are rock hard, but there cheap, ebiach sportlines might be a good choice, but im sure quite a few people on here will say apex

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
i was wondering if it was ok to just change the springs as with other cars that i have had i have been told that it is best to change the dampers aswell when lowering 40mm or lower. are the clio dampers strong enough??

Your only option if you want a full 40mm drop is the Apex springs (or coilovers). Despite what they state, IME the Eibach Sportlines don't drop the full stated amount.

I've been running mine on standard shocks for about 18 months now - shocks seem fine to me so far...

They are quite stiff that Eibachs but I'm a wuss and I can put up with them for everyday use ;)

M140i/Orange 182
Apex are NOT rock hard...well not on mine they ant the ride is fine and dandy!

but it could be a different story with 172's??

very good spring. :)

Apex are firm and a little more crashy but not unbearable. If you want a 40mm drop and only want springs its your only option. If you can justify it coilovers are a better choice IMO.