ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What the boody hell does this mean?

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
These orange lights came on a couple of days ago, not noticed any difference with the car at all. Its a 1.2 16v Billabong done 42k miles. Anything to worry about?

cardask.jpg

Really? Whats that about £30?

Cant be anything too serious or surely id have noticed...other than the lights. Mind you i supose electronic faluts do cause fires..hmm.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah give or take £30 for a diagnostic report to be done. will tell you what's wrong.

Cheers Guys, i suppose with the car showing no symptoms it could be a number of things and no way of really knowing until i pay the £30? Might leave it until i start to get some symptoms then ill be able to have a go at fixing it myself as it will be eaiser to highlight the problem.

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
i pressure washed my engine bay and that light came on, it revved at 5000rpm and wouldnt stop, i took everything off and tried cleaning/drying it in the end it was a white plug in the fuse box, may be an option for u if uv recently pressure washed under ur bonnet

I shall check this now and report back.

EDit: nope, fuse box is dry as a bone, and white plus looks fine, not washed under the bonnet though.

Last edited:
My old Clio used to have this light come on everytime i come to a stop and kept trying to cut out, had to keep revving to keep the car alive.

Part ex'd the c**t in the end.

Thats what im expecting it to start doing. Ive heard in this case the throttle body just needs cleaning out with a bit of carb cleaner but its a b**ch to get at.

CLIO 1.2 16V MK2 EXPR
this is happening to me at the mo, could be a number of things really - it happens when i'm running on fumes, when my oil needs changing blah blah...

:dead:

Mine always used to do this, it would either refuse to rev above 3K or would sit and rev it's tits off to the limiter. Turned out the wires at the back of the engine block were being chaffed away by the metal cover over it. the

CLIO 1.2 16V MK2 EXPR
Yeah mine used to fail to rev above 3k - i even got overtaken by a pensioner in his hair-dryer powered mobility scooter!!!

epic embarressment!!!