ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What the Fudge is a claybar?

www.renparts.co.uk
its a clay bar.......

you lube the surface (panel by panel) up with quick detailer then carefully drag the clay over it making sure you keep folding it for a clean edge. This removes industrial fallout and other deposits from the paintwork such as tar etc that wouldn't be removed through polishing leaving a glass like surface. :)

106 GTi
Removes anything stuck onto the surface of your paint that washing alone will not. Shears of anything that sits on the surface of your paintwork.

106 GTi
Most clay bars are made by the same company, all much of a muchness. As long as you avoid the aggressive bodyshop ones, get the best value ones you can find.

Rich said:
Most clay bars are made by the same company, all much of a muchness. As long as you avoid the aggressive bodyshop ones, get the best value ones you can find.

Yes, thats what it was saying on that last link i posted, that most are the same just different colours! But that one is not the usual clay. (Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay)

106 GTi
I would take it all with a pinch of salt, other companies such as sonus are selling ultra fine clay. All the ones I have tried all seem to do the same thing!

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Aye, i bought mine a few days ago too

I replaced my bonnet with one from another J-reg clio. dont think it had ever had a wash in its life.

It was dull and felt almost like sandpaper... so rough.

An afternoon of claybaring it and now its nice and smooth and very shiney :D