ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What bolt/screw is this?

alexfwalker

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
As you'll probably notice in the picture, the ABS sensor is knackered. Nice easy job to replace, if it weren't for the knackered retaining bolt/screw...

I'm confident that I can get the bolt/screw out, one way or another. I'm also reasonably confident that the bolt/screw won't survive the process.

Can anybody tell me what the length and gauge of the screw is so that I can buy a couple in advance of destroying the originals?

2024-05-18_20-42-16.png

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can sometimes get the bolt specs from a parts catalogue place

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Installed today. M6x25 1.0 pitch

Attachments

• 17160675746896151310138516656077.jpg
    17160675746896151310138516656077.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
As you'll probably notice in the picture, the ABS sensor is knackered. Nice easy job to replace, if it weren't for the knackered retaining bolt/screw...

I'm confident that I can get the bolt/screw out, one way or another. I'm also reasonably confident that the bolt/screw won't survive the process.

Can anybody tell me what the length and gauge of the screw is so that I can buy a couple in advance of destroying the originals?

View attachment 1693208
They fit so tight you don’t need the bolt. Originals are torx so someone has already had a go at that.

alexfwalker

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I probably need to start managing my own expectations and stop thinking that jobs will be a) simple or b) quick, just because they should be…

Anakin

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi TT RS Clio 182
I had to file these down the other day to get them out. Long socket over the abs sensor then a gentle tap with a hammer.