ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What the silver called that is used on the 2.0litre bullets ??

Renault clio 1.2 16v
What the silver called that is used on the 2.0litre bullets as i would like to paint my door handles the same colour????

is1

Integra Type R DC2
I tried to find this out a while back with no luck. I don't think you will be able to get a colour code for it unless someone corrects me on that.
I think Renault probably use an enamel type paint. I have seen a Plastikote silver modelling enamel paint can which gives a similar brushed/matt silver effect.

Renault clio 1.2 16v
ademsiphone718.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Your unlikely to find a paint that can look exactly like plain metal, as metal has a fairly unique matt sheen.
I would sugest you pop down halfords and compare some of the plasticote or 'generic' silver paints they have. But if you gonna spray both it wont really matter as they will match anyway.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Be aware, titanium silver has a heavy metallic fleck in it and won't look right on a door handle unless the car itself is titanium. I tried that colour for a similar project but didn't like it. Maybe try ixell 205-88 which is the standard silver alloy wheel colour, may be less metallic.

Ill be honest, its a b*tch to match. We can get it pretty damn close using an expensive chrome effect paint and a dull coat over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

is1

Integra Type R DC2
I got it from a large B&Q store. It is described as an enamel spray paint.
It was a small can about 3/4 inches tall and cost just under £4, so you may need more than one. It states on it that it is for craft/model making etc.
It was a shame my painting skills were poor as it gave me the cool matt silver finish I was after but I gave up because I couldn't use it very well.

inferno 182.
this can be matched!! audi and alfa do there wheels in this colour!its a non metalic silver and gives the affect of a metal finish! looks cool but expensive to do! you can buy this paint from a paint suppyier but pro use only!you cant ge this in a rattle can!!! i think its £130 per 1/2 litre and its called liqiud glass!!! been out for years!!! i refurb dozzens of these every week and use opel 157 and just paint 2 wheels and put them on he same side and you cant tell but if you want the finish you will have to pay big bucks!!! better off buying new ones i think!!!
Your unlikely to find a paint that can look exactly like plain metal, as metal has a fairly unique matt sheen.
I would sugest you pop down halfords and compare some of the plasticote or 'generic' silver paints they have. But if you gonna spray both it wont really matter as they will match anyway.