ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to choose?

clio 182
hey guys! first post here, i have a citroen c2 GT, kinda getting bored with that now lol. my 21st is early next year so thinking bout getting some finds together and either buying a clio 182 or a civic type r (01-06 version), just want to know which one you would think is better? and also, anyone whos driven them both could give me some insight to how each of them differ..

thanks guys!

mini cooper (RIP 172)
most ppl on here will say the clio and most ppl on a ctr forum will say the ctr;)

the ctr is made better very slighly faster in a stright line! in side the car is better as well and its bigger and is a bit more £££

i thought the ctr stearing was not all that, and really needs to be worked to get the most out of it (evern more so then the clio) - it revs for ever tho:D

i think the clio is more fun and drivers better on the b roads, but i would say that:rasp: cheaper to run as well

clio 182
whats the insurance like for you guys? coz im 21 in feb bt im on my mums name n she has 5 years NCB, anyone on here same age with one?

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i'm 22 and it was £800 3rd party for me last year:eek: and it was £800 this year fully comp tho! i did has 2 years no clames tho!

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
Abit silly asking which is better on a clio forum but i rekon that its down to your own preference as there both very good cars, there both fast in a straight line and go round corners well. If you want sumthing chearer go with a 172 but if you got money to play with get yourself a 182 or type r

BMW Z4 3.0i
I prefer the interior of the Clios but then there's more room inside the civics. The Clios are relatively more torquey for everyday driving but then the civic is faster when you're balls out nailing it. Civic is better quality build overall really but then it costs more too. The exteriors of both cars are nice in my opinion. The clio looks more like a classic hot hatch but then the civic probably looks more grown-up.

There are many pros and cons for both, so it all comes down to which of the factors involved your prioritise highest for your personal needs/taste. I went for the clio myself.

MCS R56
CTR's suck! (Only joking)

I would go with the Clio if you are looking not to spend a whole lot on insurance and running the car. CTR is better quality but costs more to run (mpg etc). Very little difference in performance - Clio for me is more fun although I have only driven a CTR twice.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
flat out going for it the CTR is very slightly quicker in a straight line but normal driving the 172/182 is a bit quicker due to the extra low down torque it has.

both engines need worked hard to really get going but the civic needs REALLY worked!

steering on the clio is awesome!

imo the clio is the better looking car but thats personal preference you'll need to answer that one yourself!

cock mobile.
Insurance, petrol, and tyres are more expensive on the CTR.

CTR is cheaper to service.

I've owned both a 172 and CTR and given the choice of either again I'd probably take the CTR if money wasn't the concern.

Can't be bothered to say more, ha.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
whats the insurance like for you guys? coz im 21 in feb bt im on my mums name n she has 5 years NCB, anyone on here same age with one?

if your a named driver with no no claims it going to be crazy, i was quoted £1685 on my stepdads insurance with max no claims bonus and with me driving for three years with no points/claims. in my own name it was £2850, im nearly 22

Last edited:
  a green 1
hey guys! first post here, i have a citroen c2 GT, kinda getting bored with that now lol. my 21st is early next year so thinking bout getting some finds together and either buying a clio 182 or a civic type r (01-06 version), just want to know which one you would think is better? and also, anyone whos driven them both could give me some insight to how each of them differ..

thanks guys!

youre asking wich is best on a clio site? tut