ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What TV????

clio 200
I need help with picking a TV. I want a 65" TV and have a budget of no more than £1200. I've no idea what is the best spec I can get for that money. Hisense seems the best value for money but will I be disappointed?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I need help with picking a TV. I want a 65" TV and have a budget of no more than £1200. I've no idea what is the best spec I can get for that money. Hisense seems the best value for money but will I be disappointed?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

One thing to bare in mind, you may well be able to get an OLED 65" for that budget now, but it will be an older model, i ended up going for the best LED i could get, £1200 should get you a very good LED.

The Hisense are remarkable value for money!

They also get pretty well reviewed on AVForums - IIRC there's a thread dedicated to them.

It won't match a £3k OLED thing, obviously :D lol, but for the money, they are seemingly an excellent choice.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Some of the LG OLEDs can be had for around 1800 when they’re nearly a year old so potentially you could get one closer to your budget when they’ve more than a year old.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Avoid Hisense tbh, the software is complete shite. Mine crashes just changing the volume, it came with an extended warranty and I've been fighting them for over a month now to fix/replace the bloody thing properly.

If I end up with money back, unlikely, I'll probably get an LG or Sony OLED.

Reactions: seb

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
If you are in no rush, wait until the Black Friday sales and pick up an OLED dirt cheap. I got one a few years ago for £1400 that was originally £4000.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I have a couple of hisense tv's. They are great value for money and after colour calibration etc. the picture is just as good as the equivalent LG or Samsung.

With your budget I think you could get a 55" OLED from LG or Samsung QLED (older models), however you have said ypu want a 65". I think you need to slightly up your budget if you want to go OLED - which is what I would do as OLED 4k HDR looks amazing , otherwise I would just get the latest hisense LED and save your money.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have the previous 55” version:

if spending 1200 on an LED tv it should be one with Full Array LED backlighting.
I have the normal version of this TV, it's brilliant, but you can't game on it, it's far too laggy.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
This is what i'm going to do.
Pick up a Samsung or LG OLED
Thanks all
Good call, Samsung QLED and LG OLED are both amazing sets and I don't think you'll be disappointed in either.
QLED if you wanter brighter colours, OLED if you want darker blacks and better viewing angles.

But don't get an OLED if you have kids who will leave CBBC paused for hours on end...

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I'm thinking it's time to move on from our 50" plasma, had it about 8 years now. I'm looking at these 3. I don't want to go over 55", and I'd be happy staying with 50"

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well, it's double the framerate. It's a lot smoother running at 120 frames a second.

However, there's a caveat. Most content at the moment is 60 frames per second. Even most games consoles (including the next gen) aren't going to run 120 frames per second at 4k. I'm sure that in future people will start shooting more films/TV shows at 120 fps but until then you're mostly looking at high end gaming.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
From my experience LG remotes are horrible. I've narrowed it down to the samsung s90c, Sony a80l or the LG C3. I might go browse curry's at the weekend.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
For what its worth, I picked up the cheapest Hisense 50" tv the other day from Currys.

£269 or something daft.

For the money, im impressed. It hasnt caught fire (yet), it actually displays tv, its quick enough to do what I ask of it. Im baffled they can even turn a profit at that money, but as a bedroom tv, it does the job perfectly

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
For what its worth, I picked up the cheapest Hisense 50" tv the other day from Currys.

£269 or something daft.

For the money, im impressed. It hasnt caught fire (yet), it actually displays tv, its quick enough to do what I ask of it. Im baffled they can even turn a profit at that money, but as a bedroom tv, it does the job perfectly

I’ve got the same - got it for work.

Tbh i wish i had spent a little bit more as the way the hisense is backlight on the sides does my head in and it is no where near as good as the tv i replaced imo.

But then it is sub £300.00 LOL

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

£269 or something daft.

Very weird if we got the same TV. Literally got a 50" Hisense TV for the bedroom yesterday 😂
Screenshot_20240321_153042_Gallery.jpg

The quality is pretty poor compared to my LG oled in the living room but as seb said, sub £300 you can't complain! It's mainly for when I'm watching something on TV and Sam goes to bed earlier tbh. I won't be using it much at all

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Very weird if we got the same TV. Literally got a 50" Hisense TV for the bedroom yesterday 😂View attachment 1684856

The quality is pretty poor compared to my LG oled in the living room but as seb said, sub £300 you can't complain! It's mainly for when I'm watching something on TV and Sam goes to bed earlier tbh. I won't be using it much at all
I replied in the other tv thread but FLOL. Thats exactly the one I got hahahah.

I bought mine on Sunday. TV FWENDS

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
IMG_3396.jpeg

Mines still good as new, might not get as much use as yours though.

Much prefer the newer Magic remote though.

IMG_3377.jpeg

Excuse the silicone covers. Solid floors and young children meant some preventative action.

Last edited: