ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyre Pressures for 888's at the Ring

Track 172 Cup
Was just wondering what tyre Pressures people run with 888's at the Ring I'm not sure if to start off like I would do at a normal track day and get them up to temp and 30psi all round or if they will get hot enough to raise the pressure that way, I know alot will depend on conditions but with it been such a long stretch wondering what a starting point would be , OR just put 28/30 in them from the off and check when I've done a lap or two.

Track 172 Cup
It was snowing the night before and still icy in some places on the track so when they let us out it was still silly cold lol I left them at 28 (cold) as I thought it would take a lilttle longer for them to get some heat in, did 2 sighting laps and mid way through the 2nd lap it felt all wrong lol came in and was at 41.5 psi needles to say dropped to 30 all round and was much better, Had to drop more out as the day went on and it warmed up more.

I run 195/50/15 R888. I START with 22-23 PSI all round when cold. After 3 laps they're hot... and at about 30. i then knock them down to about 28.

This is simply what I do. I am not reccommending nor suggesting that this is correct for you.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
The Ring is more like a road than a track so I start with 30psi cold and work from there. Definitely don't drop the pressures too low otherwise you'll slide all over place in first few bends lol.

RB 182
last year in june with 17°c i had start with cold pressure 1,7 bar at the front and 1,6 bar at the rear and after 3 laps i have hot pression 2.3 at the front and 2.1 at the rear.
toe and camber affect much on the tire pressure also speed cornering and the driving style.... ;-)

I'd start with 25F/27R for the ring as its like an open road in parts so will cool quickly.

@StuOwen86 don't suppose that was you who let me in on the Runcorn bridge last Tuesday after Oulton?