ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyre profile are you 'track' day users using?

Range Rover Sport
As title suggests.

I have a slight problem.

I bought some 205-45-16 Federal RSR tyres before I bought the car as previously I was looking at a 182 FF but I went with a 172 with cup wheels.

At the moment tyres are 195-45-16 but on a spirited corner I can hear the wheels touching the arch. (Toyo Proxes ).

Is it just a case of I need to lift the car slightly? As ideally I would like to fit the wider 205 RSR's.

What profile are you track day users using and do they catch on your 'lowered' Clio?

Range Rover Sport
See I wanted to go 15's but at the time I was going to put them on the OEM wheels just for ease.

I may attempt to fit the 205's and if they are that bad I'll simply have to raise the car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The RSR sizes for 16 are bigger overall than 15, so you will have to be higher on 16 than you could on 195/50/15.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The RSRs will be slightly bigger than a "normal" tyre anyway so if you get rubbing now you will with the Federals

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Aren't most trackday orientated ones a bit bigger really?

As said I'd go 15's the cost of tyres will pretty soon pay for a set of wheels!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Aren't most trackday orientated ones a bit bigger really?

As said I'd go 15's the cost of tyres will pretty soon pay for a set of wheels!

Yes Jamie, they tend to have "squarer" side walls due to them being reinforced

I agree mate, I preferred how it handled on the smaller 15" alloys and the tyres are a fair bit cheaper and readily available second hand on fleabay etc in 195/50/15

182 cup
i use 195 50 16 AO48. never had any problem on standard cup sespension. interesting to see how the AST's got on with them