ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Tyre?

Clio 200
need to order 5 new tyres tommorow as the Eagle F1's i have the now are a little worse than wear.

Whats the better tyre the Proxes Ti or Eagle F1's?

or any other recommendations

cheers :D

ST
Eagles matey...awesome in most conditions..toyos are a bit ropey in the wet but very very good in the dry..

Michellin PE2's are probably the best all rounder tho.

Clio 200
its eagles i have on it the now and i do really like them just wondered if there was any other recommendations :)

PH2 172
go for the michelins buddy really good tyres all round well i only have them on front at mo but will be upgrading to back very soon

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I love my old eagles and my PE2s price puts me of pe2s though, £100 each!

PH2 172
I get pe2s for £56 well my dad does as hes in that business so gets them trade price i brought 2 of a cha on here for £90 for the pair brand spankng new stil wrapped up bargain thanks steve ha

172 cup
I've just put some Avon ZV5's all round on my 172 cup. Had Toyo Proxies on before and they didn't give me much confidence in the wet which is when I want decent tyres. Gotta do something seriously wrong to lose control in the dry so I'm not too bothered about having good dry weather tyres. Pretty impressed with the Avons so far and they were only £60 fitted.

B

Bucko

I had Avon ZV5's on my Fiesta zetec s and they were great...until it rained. They were cheap though.

My 172 came with Kumho Ecsta KH11 on and they seem to be a very good all rounder but i don't really have anything to compare them to.

black ph2 172
i got avon zv5s on the front and zv3s on the back it handles good in the wet and dry and not over priced either. :)

B

Bucko

Just remembered it was ZV3's that I had, not the ZV5's. Really didnt like them in the wet.

The Toyo Proxis T1-R were great on my Golf, i ruined the car when i replaced the Toyos with Dunlop SP Sport, I don't recommend them at all.

PH1 172 Sport
PE2's all the way, very good all rounders but then again they are allot cheaper for the PH1!!!

172 FF
I got told they didn't make Exalto 2 for the 172 wheel, only Exalto.
Have they changed that now? or do you have to fit a 182 tyre on a 172 wheel?