ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Tyres?

172 cup
Hi I'm looking at getting some new types as mine are getting very low, not too sure what to get can some people advise me on what are a half decent tyre I'm not looking at getting the best ones out there but just a half decent set at sensible money

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I've had ContiSport Contact 2s on my old 1.4, good all-rounders.

Whats your budget? "Sensible money" doesn't give us an idea on how much you're willing to spend. Could be £100, could be £500.

IMO, spend as much as you possibly can on tyres. After all, they're the only things keeping your car in contact with the tarmac. Don't skimp.

In 195 45's just get contisports. I like the dry/hot feel of the original contisport (which you can still get) but the CS3's are probably better all rounders (I'm told theyre better by other 172 driver). Otherwise look for Bridgestone RE050 or Goodyear GSD3, both very different feel - B's are stiff/square profile and feel nice in the dry wheras G's are very good wet (I prefer Bridgestone's as they are Asymentrical, which I like.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I currently have the same dilemma. I'm torn between getting Sport Contact 3s or Hankook S1 Evos. :S

I've got s1's all round, brilliant tyre

Discontinued now though! :(

Gonna replace the front tyres with some v12's, really happy with hankook as a brand now

Gonna replace the front tyres with some v12's, really happy with hankook as a brand now

I like Hankook also, had v12's when they were fresh on the market around 4 years ago when I had a 2.0l 205 GTi. I could only compare them to Toyo T1R's though (they were better than the toyos)

I also had Hankook's RS2's in 205 50 r16 (an equivanlent of firestone RSR's?) on my scooby STi at around the same time. They were a VERY good fast road tyre, wish I could have that tyre on the clio but it doesn't seem available in our sizes. I still rate Conti for making the best road tyre at "sensible" budget (whatever that might be)

bg182ff
:DIm running p zero neros and they are spot on wet and dry most people are bscking off mid corner behind me as they start to loose grip just as i put my foot down :D

172 cup
I didn't really want to spend any more than 300 have been looking at some of the recommendations on here but seem abit too pricey once paid for fitting I have found somewhere local who will do a full set of Toyo T1-R for 240 fully fitted which I thought was a good price what are they like any good I have seen a lot of people talking about them?

BG PH1 Megane 225

Yeah I've read they've discontinued them, mytyres.co.uk seem to have some in stock though (I hope). What's the rim protection like on them? I'm going to be putting fresh tyres on my refurbed Turinis so would like some form of protection on them!

Clio 172; Megane 1.6
I've just put some Uniroyal Rainsports on the front of my 172, grippiest tyres I've had for a long time.

I've just come off Conti contacts.

£140 fully fitted for the 2 fronts from event mobile tyres

Sunflower Ph1 172
Michelin Pilot Exalto (PE2) are £210 delivered for a set of 4 from blackcircles.com (195/50/R15) - brilliant tyres, and come down a lot in price.