ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres?!

Arctic Blue 182FF
Before you reply to this thread, yes I have exhausted the search function with no success!

Basically I am after 4 new tyres for the Cup Turini's on my 182..

But here is where it gets complicated; I had 205/45/16 on my old wheels, whereas when I switched to these wheels they had 195/45/16.

I didn't really notice much difference aside from the fact that the car felt more "twitchy" but I wasn't sure whether this was caused by the different brands that came on the Turinis.

So I have several options;

Get 195/45/16 profile in these tyres;
Yokohama S Drive @ £59 each
Continental ContiSportContact 3 @ £64 each

Or get 205/45/16 profile in these tyres;
Uniroyal Rainsport 2 @ £62
Avon ZZ3 @£64

Anyways, my first preference would be the Yokohama S Drive due to having them on a 106 and feeling very confident with them, but I am not sure what they would feel like on the clio!

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!
​Conor.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
My personal choice would be none of them and Pirelli Pzero Nero in 195/45/16.

But if it had to be a choice out of them then the Conti sport contact 3s.

Clio 182 trophy
try tyre traders mate im sure you can get cheaper than that. one of my mates just brought t1rs in that size for his cup at 199 delivered.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the Pirelli's are awesome tyres, had them in 205/45 fit on turinis and picked them up part worn for 20 quid a tyre with some crafty ebaying

had some s drives ages back on 195/45 R16 fit on some superleggera's and they were a very good all round tyre also, so i'd recommend them as well tbh

run contis for a bit as well in 195/45 R16 fit, again on turinis and didn't find them as tractable and compliant as either of the above so third choice imo

never had Michelins in 16" fit, but use them regularly in 195/50 R15 fit and they are by far the best all round tyre I have ever used, this is the PE2 variant, but either way a superb tyre and cant imagine they would be any different in 16" fit, just expensive is all. the 15" can be had for a song if you shop about, for example last set of 4 I bought cost me 75 squid for all 4 and they have done less than 2k miles :)