ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What upgrade phone?

Not a Clio
I'm not up to date with various phones and am due a upgrade with 02 now if I want one. I currently have a Samsung U600 that I only really use for calls, texts and the calculator when I'm out shopping lol My current average monthly bill inc insurance is about £30

In addition to the above I'd like a phone that I could play MP3's on with ease and browse the net (would depend on tariff). I notice I could upgrade to a reconditioned black 3G iphone 8GB for free on this tariff:

O2 35 for iPhone
18 months
500 txts/ 600 mins
plus Unlimited Data & Wi-Fi
£35.00 pm

Is that any good? Does that unlimited Data and Wi-Fi really mean I could use the net for free on it or are there hidden costs involved?

Any other phones I should be looking at?

?
c905... amazing phone with amazing camera. just upgraded to same 35/month tariff for £30/month for 18 months :)

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
My understanding is that O2 are really good at retention deals - i.e. if you tell them you think your paying too much, they'll lower your costs and give you more minutes/texts and a better phone...

Just say you might leave, and they'll be humping your leg

Not a Clio
My understanding is that O2 are really good at retention deals - i.e. if you tell them you think your paying too much, they'll lower your costs and give you more minutes/texts and a better phone...

Just say you might leave, and they'll be humping your leg

I tried that last time, it seems I don't spend enough each month for it to be worth their while. They told me they couldn't help me in any way.

?
I was on simplicity with an average spend of £25/month

They gave me 5£ a month off an 18month contract on a new model.

and tbh i didnt push hard enough, they could have given more

Not a Clio
Done a lot of reading both on the iphone and posts from people who got the 02 reconditioned one and have decided to go for that. Apparently they're reconditioned by apple and given new front and back fascias.

I was going to sign up for the deal with o2, £99 for the iphone with 35pcm for 18months.

I didnt sign up because o2 wanted £100 deposit which i would loose for 3 months and then get back. Didnt have the money to spare at the time.

Love the iphone, Will get one, one day.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
go for the iphone you wont look back... i got a reconditioned one like the one youve mentioned!!

M135i
Does anyone use dial-a-phone.com ? im on my third phone contract with them and never had a problem. Ive just got a new phone with 02, brand new C905, 600 mins, unlimited txts for £27 a month.

It means starting a new contract and you go through dial-a-phone rather than speaking to o2 themseleves but i find that starting a new contract each year is alot cheaper on there.

AS for the C905, its a cracking phone with an amazing camera. Well worth looking at mate.

Anyone had any problems or use dial-a-phone ? As they do seem to be alot cheaper

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm going to pick a new phone tomorrow, really keen on the c905 but a mate of mine said they are
very prone to freezing & switching off on their own :S

My own k800i is doing exactly that lol, anyone had issues with their c905?

?
Does anyone use dial-a-phone.com ? im on my third phone contract with them and never had a problem. Ive just got a new phone with 02, brand new C905, 600 mins, unlimited txts for £27 a month.

It means starting a new contract and you go through dial-a-phone rather than speaking to o2 themseleves but i find that starting a new contract each year is alot cheaper on there.

AS for the C905, its a cracking phone with an amazing camera. Well worth looking at mate.

Anyone had any problems or use dial-a-phone ? As they do seem to be alot cheaper

Have you claimed your cashback yet?

Check your bills mate.. i think youll find your paying full price until you redeem cashback! (which is often a long winded process and they try to fob you off!)

?
I'm going to pick a new phone tomorrow, really keen on the c905 but a mate of mine said they are
very prone to freezing & switching off on their own :S

My own k800i is doing exactly that lol, anyone had issues with their c905?

c905 had some teething of problems as you can see on the o2 forum, but phones built in the later weeks seem to be ok. I have a week 50 phone and its perfect so far however, people with early models have reported

• Ear speaker stops working.
  • Scratches on the keypad
  • LED stops working.
  • Phone swellen up. (One person says its like the phone is pregnant)
  • Slider wobbling too much
  • shaky lens cover
Those are the most common faults. Generally, SE are very well built though so if you buy a handset now its most likely been fixed ... mine is! (touch wood) And if not, its covered under warranty!

Only annoying bug ive found is that when you send a group txt to more than 11 or so people it changes it to an mms!

Software update should soon fix that though!

Speed of the phone, camera + general look/feel is amazing though! I went from a k800i to the c905 as i loved the k800 and wanted something that was the same, but with a better camera :)

350Z GT
I'm on £15/month for my new C905 on Orange.
200mins & Unlimited texts, does me fine :) 24month contract though but i'll probably buy a new phone in 12 months anyway. Everyone seems to complain about Orange but apart from 1 problem a while back they've been fine for me.

M135i
Have you claimed your cashback yet?

Check your bills mate.. i think youll find your paying full price until you redeem cashback! (which is often a long winded process and they try to fob you off!)

Yeh thats the 1, all is needed is to send back a copy of the bill. Its never gone wrong and they have always payed up so it all seems good to me.

Not a Clio
go for the iphone you wont look back... i got a reconditioned one like the one youve mentioned!!

Definitely made the right choice, does a lot more than I realised. Shame it didn't come with a user guide though. One of the things I didn't realise was that it will connect to your home wifi and very easily at that. It's one of those life changing bits of kit. No longer will I have to keep checking my pc upstairs for emails I might be waiting for or to check certain threads on forums.

For anyone else thinking of going for the 02 reconditioned one it does come with the charger (USB into mains plug), headphones and a cloth to clean the screen. You'd never know it was reconditioned, it's as new.