ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what wax , £50 max

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Zymol carbon is very hard to beat sub £100 as an all round wax. I personally think it's as good as Glasur

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I do love B22 on my silver, however I've found that carbon has the edge on durability and beading

iceberg phase 2 172
Hi guys, ive narrowed it down between dodo juice rubbish boys juiced edition and vics red ... thoughts on both ?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! After those suggestions?

Rubbishboys is very much a homemade wax and feels like it. Not the easiest to use.

I wouldn't recommend either at the moment to be honest.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Never used rubbish boys, but ddj waxes never last long or keeps there looks longer than 2weeks. vics red leaves a nice glow to darker flatter colours. You won't benefit from using it on silver over most other waxes. if you want vics forget concours and look at collector's yellow. But with both durability isn't great, water behaviour although very good drops off very quickly.

Ps a bit more of what you want from a wax would help other than just budget.

DW suggestions at it again. Opinion equals fact.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
If your using it on iceberg your wasting your money with any decent wax.

iceberg phase 2 172
Ive also read good things about r222 , Very glassy ? Although the durability isnt the best ? its for a daily driver aswell

iceberg phase 2 172
Ive also read good things about r222, very glassy/shimmery ? Although durability not that good ? its for a daily aswell

Not a 320d
Whats the durability like on carbon mate ?

Lower pannels where dirt pickup can be about 2 months. Your roof however can last 5-6 months.

Beading if washed with BTBM will stay strong for about 4-5 washes. Sheets thereafter.

Its great. Spreads so well with German applicators. Smells great looks great.

iceberg phase 2 172
arent sealants better for lighter colours mate ? Also isnt carbon aimed at darker colours, i believe they have another thats aimed for lighter shades although i cant think what its called off the top.of my head ..

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
carbon works well on my silver but honestly, id go for Bouncers 22. I applied two coats of it this morning to my silver and its so easy to use and brings so much of the flake out of the paint!

iceberg phase 2 172
I used my supernatural hybrid again today (1st time in ages) and am suprised how crisper it looks compared to hard candy, so may get another tub of this, although i do like trying new waxes lol

Lower pannels where dirt pickup can be about 2 months. Your roof however can last 5-6 months.

Beading if washed with BTBM will stay strong for about 4-5 washes. Sheets thereafter.

Its great. Spreads so well with German applicators. Smells great looks great.

BS. I've got 5 months on my lower panels. Still beads and sheets, washed once a month max.

I'll reply to your text now I can see again ;)

Track 172, Focus RS
I used my supernatural hybrid again today (1st time in ages) and am suprised how crisper it looks compared to hard candy, so may get another tub of this, although i do like trying new waxes lol

​Supernatural hybrid gets the thumbs up from me

Not a 320d
Ha. Cheers for that text last night. :)

Once a month yeah! I washed once a week.

On my GT the wax as almost dead on my boot and rear bumper after 4 weeks and 4 washes!

Ha. Cheers for that text last night. :)

Once a month yeah! I washed once a week.

On my GT the wax as almost dead on my boot and rear bumper after 4 weeks and 4 washes!

Got home at 6am. No way was I going to text anything else lol.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
SNH was a real disappointment to me. Looked nice enough, but durability and water behaviour, and resistance to contaminants bonding was only a little better than other ddj waxes. Certainly not what I'd expect from a hybrid.

AG HD wax would be above SNH in my list.