ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Wheels

Renault Sport Clio 172
hi guys.

i need some advice i have a clio 172. i want some new alloys on it. but i want something thats a little different but is goin to look and HANDLE great also put a lot of grip down.

Any one who has a 172 or 182 will know they wheel spin very easy with even the smallest bit of dampness on the road. i have eagle f1 tyres 195/45/16.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE WHEEL AND TYRE SIZE IS BEST FOR HANDLING AND GRIP. im guessing a 16inch wheel with 205 tyre tread but im prop really wrong. lol

ok so here are the wheels i am intrested in please let me know what you think

cheap wheels 17 inch 205/40/17
wolfrace5spoke.gif

expensive wheels 16 inch, and tyres will have to be streched 205/45/16
schmidt.gif

very light wheels 6.1kg per wheel. middle of the range in price 205/45/16
rotatrack.gif

middle of the range again 17inch
rotasubzero.gif

middle of the range again in 16inch
rotajspl.gif

also middle of the range (worried about scuffs on alloys wheel spokes)
rotagrid.gif

Quote£650 with toyo r1's 205 or 225 will have to be streched. so just above middle of the range my favoite choice. also not seen before on a clio. a spacer need if to fit 225 tyres (IS THIS TRUE?) but dangous to drive on streched tyres (IS THIS TRUE?)
RotaCup.gif

Please post back comments of views and answers. Any sugesstions welcome but i wont have black wheels. i know there in but i just dont like them.

Not a fan of any of the wheels you've put up!

I'd go for 16" speedline turini's, know it's a common choice but it looks good on the clio.

schmidts are the daddies, just make sure u slam the car on them, btw u dont have to stretch them, just a thing most ppl do with that sort of wheel, those at the end are beasting :) id go for them :)

BG 182
16 definately better for handling.. 17 will be better for looks.. Id go for a 16inch rim matey with 205 tyres.. The second ones arent too bad!

Renault Sport Clio 172
cheers guys. keep up with the sugestions. does any one know if you can fit a 225 tyre with no problems. or will you need a spacer?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
ive got 205/40/17 on a 1.2 with no spacers and they are pretty close mate, i think 225 may rub on the arch liners but you could just cut them down

Renault Sport Clio 172
does any one know if the 225 will fit with a 20mm spacer. I also like the superT's everyevery one seems to have the Turinis so thats y i was think something much different